'

Invasion1

Yea. Replaced/added a 4 wire heated. Really helps when motor is cold.

Seemed to smooth out overall. :D

Bosch 13275 about a much as a single wire. I think 45.

Jud

Sure Davis. 4 wire 02 sensor used on most cars a few years newer than ours. Some older ones to but mostly forigen.

1 wire is 12v activated when the key is in the run position.

1 wire ground. These two are the heater in the 02. Turn the key on for couple of seconds, start it and the 02 is ready to go.

1 wire is sensor ground

1 wire is 02 signal to the computer.

Keep in mind this is not a wide band 02. :cry: It's just makes it more stable with it being heated. Took alot of the eye burning fumes away because of the cam. :D

In your part of the country i would use one. But thats just my 02. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jud

• 2 years later...

I have where each wire goes somewhere. :rolleyes:I was pretty sure I posted it somwhere. Or maybe I sent it to Dave. I'll look for it.

Jud[br]Posted on: April 23, 2006, 01:58:18 PM_________________________________________________Here it is.

Gray 02 sensor ground

Black 02 sensor signal. (orginal wire)

White wires one hot when started or with key on and the other ground DOSENT MATER WHICH GOES WHERE A HEATER WILL WORK EITHER WAY>>>

thanks Jud, any suggestions for the best 12v when in run position? and for conformation..

1 gray and 1 white are ground?

the black wire goed to the orig. purple wire

the other white one is 12v when ignition is on... (doesnt matter which white one is hooked up to the ignition power and one for the ground)

this way i shouldnt forget to plug it back in either :redface:

i hooed up mine and it makes a word of difference.. cost me 62 bucks canadian. my old one was real bad though... id post a pic but im sortof lazy... maybe dave will do the honours

I've been browsing around for Heated O2 sensors, and from what I can find, most newer (97+, didn't look back any further than that) w-bodies have 4 wire heated O2 sensors stock. I may try to pick up one of those just as long as the threads are the same.