spark plugs?

camkos10101

Guest Anonymous

Unbolt your dogbones and roll the engine forward. One of the dogbones should have an extra hole molded in the middle. Stick one of the bolts back through the mount and through that hole. It should give you a couple inches more room.

When I do mine, I don't do that though. I take the alternator off. I've got it down to about 45 seconds getting the alt. off.

I heard about parking it on a hill and trying to do that too. When i did mine, we unbolted the mounts, i pushed the car forward, and my dad but a peice of wood behind it to keep the motor forward.

Jon

Geez, you guys have 20 different ways to do the simplest thing... :roll:

Unbolting the dogbones and tilting the engine forward with a large prybar inserted in the passenger side bracket is

a) The way GM recommends doing it

B) The easiest way to do it by yourself.

c) Probably a hell of a lot safer than parking on a hill or jacking up the rear

I'm sure you could achieve good results by suspending the car nose down from a construction crane... :wink:

If you work on a level surface and have a long enough bar there is nothing particularly hard about changing the back plugs. If your driver side dogbone has no slave hole, you can simply use a ratchet strap that Wal-Mart sells in packages of 4 for $10 to hold the engine rotated forward.

you can simply use a ratchet strap that Wal-Mart sells in packages of 4 for $10 to hold the engine rotated forward.

this is the way the GM service manual says to do it, without the walmart strap, I have a fancy Kent Moore strap at work...

works on most all GM fwd vehicles, even the U-Vans, I've done tons of them