secondary coil ?

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

Can a Secondary Coil go bad after it heat's up?

BUT TEST OK COLD?

i have one cyl that does not fire good at all & it's only once it warms up

the plug has dry black carbon on it. the compression test was 210 psi acrossed all the cyl's ?

to high or is this good ?

thanks jeff

No such thing as a secondary coil. :wink: Although there is a secondary within the coil. Answer yes. If a coil is bad it will generally miss on two cylinders.

Buy one coil and replace one at a time till you get it.

Jud

You can tell which cylinders aren't firing by pulling plug wires while it's running. Watch the RPM and if you pull a wire and it doesn't lower RPM, that's your cylinder.

Guest Gp crazy

I ALSO NOTICED THE COIL WAS ARCING ALONG THE BLOCK WHEN I PULLED THE WIRE OFF WITH A PLASTIC PLIERS. AND THE RPMS DID NOT CHANGE. IT'S THE MIDDLE ONE OF CORSE DAM IT :twisted: THAT'S CYL 6 - 3 RIGHT ?

I HOPE TO WORK ON IT TODAY! THE :evil: GEO METRO :twisted: HAS TO GO IN A HURRY !! :!: :!: :!:

I FIXED IT ! :lol: IT WAS A CRACKED COIL ALONG THE TOP RIGHT HAND SIDE :idea: THANK GOD I HAD A FEW SPARE'S AROUND. :twisted: IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE SOME SPARE PART"S LAYING AROUND :!:

THANKS JEFF B