'

Invasion1

Ummm.. I don't know about that line of product. But I will tell you this, Watch out for Aftermarket suppliers that sell cheap carpet kits. They LOOK OEM. But the first time you try to shampoo it, ot fades its color fast!!! OEM carpets will not do this if you use the right shampooers. I ordered one back in '94 from AAA carpets and the 2nd time I used the Bissell Steam Machine to clean out the carpet, it had color fading IN SPOTS!!! So just be sure before you order that you are getting a high quality replacement, and not some cheap-ass fade-after-two-shampoos carpet. :shock: :!:

Ummm.. I don't know about that line of product. But I will tell you this, Watch out for Aftermarket suppliers that sell cheap carpet kits. They LOOK OEM. But the first time you try to shampoo it, ot fades its color fast!!! OEM carpets will not do this if you use the right shampooers. I ordered one back in '94 from AAA carpets and the 2nd time I used the Bissell Steam Machine to clean out the carpet, it had color fading IN SPOTS!!! So just be sure before you order that you are getting a high quality replacement, and not some cheap-ass fade-after-two-shampoos carpet. :shock: :!:

Is JC Whitney's carpet ok??!?! I was gonna order there carpet because its like $100, but if its gonna fade, i may just take mine out and dye it myself.

With that being said, what company's carpet do you have in your car?

I'm also fixing to do a carpet replacement in my 93 SE(almost 240K will wear out the carpet...contemplating getting a good set of quad buckets or either two more buckets like I have up front for the rear and having them redone as well) and I'm probably going to go w/ the carpet that ACC offers. Another thing I'm adding along w/ the new carpet is a foot rest pedal on the drivers side "kick panel" area so I don't wear out the new carpet there(worst spot on my old carpet). :wink:

Oh oh Guys, :shock: :shock: You know what, I was looking at some old receipts that I have on the GP. Turns out that the carpet I brought at a show in '94 was indeed a gray ACC (Auto Custom Carpet). :roll: :roll: It's the one that faded after shampooing 2 times. :? Both times I used the Bissell Steam machine with the AIM Magic Clean (Blue Degreaser). I think the AIM Magic Clean might have been too strong for the color in the carpet (Light Gray). BUT please note, that I used Magic Clean on the OEM carpet for years with NO FADE WHATSOEVER. Anyhow, I would recommend not to use Magic Clean for aftermarket carpets. Try using either Simple Green Automotive or "Resolve" Carpet cleaner. Resolve is probably best to use as a general cleaner, and Simple Green has a "SPOT" remover or "heavy traffic area" cleaner. Use these cleaners with the Bissell Steam Machine, and the carpets will air dry alot faster.

For the interior mats, I use the same thing, I just remove the mats from the car, vaccuum them good. Hose em down good, clean em using Resolve, a scrub brush and water hose, then I use the Bissell Steam machine to draw out excess water. And they hang dry in a couple of hours.

If I remove the carpet from the car, I'll use the same proceedure as I did for the mats. It's faster, gets more dirt, all the soap resuide out, and dries thruoughly alot quicker.

How does the ACC carpet look? Does it look like OEM? Good color match? My 88 and 94 both could use new carpet.

You bought it in 94, it's already lasted 10yrs, so even if you replaced it every 5yrs, it will still be cheaper than the $400 OEM carpet after 15yrs.

I could be wrong on the OEM carpet price, but I think I priced it once and it was close to $400... and that's for colors they can still get!

Shawn,

No... It didn't last me but 3 years, Since it had faded, I brought an OEM '96 GTP Carpet (Graphite) that only had 3000 mile on it off eBay for $75. That is the one I use now.

The ACC Carpet color match great when new. But fit and finsh was a bit off. The edges didn't have enough matl to tuck under the bottom door opening trim. That was the only problem with fit and finish that I had. I think the dyes used by ACC are cheap and pull color/fade in sun easier than OEM would. But again, what would you expect from a $100 carpet vs. an $400 OEM one. :roll: :wink:

A1 Automotive or something like that sells replacement carpet as well for $100 roughly and they claim to warentee it and all... havent used it yet but planning on it when i come up with the money.

look them up on google or something. They also sell on ebay.

- Justin

Dave,

Can GP carpet go into a Lumina? Because even OEM 94 Lumina Carpet I find has 100,000+ miles.. I can get a 94 GP carpet w/ a lot fewer miles (~30,000).. Let me know, Pontiac Knowledge Extraoridiaire! lol..

3yrs! Hmmm, not quite long enough.

Also, not having enough material to tuck under the trim is bad. My wife's 88 is like that in the front (not sure if it's factory carpet or not, I thought it was factory). It looks terrible.

Maybe it's worth $400 for OEM carpet!

Dave,

Can GP carpet go into a Lumina? Because even OEM 94 Lumina Carpet I find has 100,000+ miles.. I can get a 94 GP carpet w/ a lot fewer miles (~30,000).. Let me know, Pontiac Knowledge Extraoridiaire! lol..

Steve,

Well, the floor pans are similar... If you have the floor shifter, and the hood/trunk latches down on the floor by the drviers seat, I suppose there is a very good chance it would work. Has long as you can trim away carpet and not have to ADD on. :wink:

Yikes! I just checked my parts catalogs for the OEM carpet part #'s. Looks like just about every color I'd need is discontinued except graphite. There are 8 graphite OEM carpets still available in all the US.

Steve,

Well, the floor pans are similar... If you have the floor shifter, and the hood/trunk latches down on the floor by the drviers seat, I suppose there is a very good chance it would work. Has long as you can trim away carpet and not have to ADD on. :wink:

LOL! yea.. I have the hood release on the floor only.. But I'm goin back out there in a day or so to look for parts for another person.. I'll check it out.. Hell, I can just take it out, and bring it over to a Lumina and test it out! :lol:

Yikes! I just checked my parts catalogs for the OEM carpet part #'s. Looks like just about every color I'd need is discontinued except graphite. There are 8 graphite OEM carpets still available in all the US.

Shawn,

Have the dealer got you the P/N for a 96 GTP Carpet... They should still be able to order them.

88-96 fit