how do you drive your w-body?

90lumina3.1

How do YOU drive your w-body?  

1. 1. How do YOU drive your w-body?

• hard as hell
    • like a granny
    • not too hard on the car
    • its always on the trailer

I floor it off the line everytime i can! It's fun with my 14 inch steelies on there, i couldn;t spin em with my 235/45/17's on it. I love getting my speedo burried but i can't tell past 85 how fast i am going so i bet i get my car up to around 90-100, what does it stop at? ANYONE KNOW? I;m gonna have to try it with my coil overs and see if it handles better (i'm sure it will) But i think i'm gonna need a new trans soon, cuz it'll downshift hard when i am coming to a stop, or will rev so high i have to let off for it not to blow, so i've been trying lately to drive better, but it's not really working!!!! Later Jay

I used to drive my bonneville really hard and the transmission went right out the window. I didnt even have that car for a year, so I want to keep my cutlass in top runing condition and have it for many more years.

Guest TurboSedan

well i deliver pizza in my car (again), and every shift means around 100 miles...so my CS sees about 400-500 city miles a week. i don't drive it hard as hell, but i definately get up to the speed limit quick (actually 5-7 over which is ok with the police if you have a big ' Papa John's' sign on top of your car and they know your at work just trying to make a living). well anyway, i take corners fast, probably go over speed bumps a little too quick, blah blah blah. i never shift hard and dump the clutch, never try to do burnouts (practiacally impossible for me anyway up at 7200ft altho at 5000ft i can do MaD burnouts hehe). i've never really even raced anyone yet except iTurbo (both of his cars can beat the holy hell out of mine of course), and a Civic once. usually on the Interstate i cruise only 5mph over or so. sometimes i downshift to 4th and do a quick sprint up to 100mph to pass a semi or something tho. 4th gear from 75-95 totally rocks. yeah.

joshua

I drive my cars normal.

I used to drive my Cutlass like I stole it. That was in my younger days.

Now I'm older and wiser, and see no reason to drive like that because it costs more in the long run and doesn't accomplish anything (tires bald within a year, engine probs, etc).

I speed, but I'm not hard on the cars. No more jackrabbit starts, no more peeling out at every light. I'm especially careful in the 94 Cutlass because I don't want a quick snap of the accelerator to snap my rubber timing belt. I also don't want the diff to shatter and send parts throughout the tranny (which I hear is very common on 3.4/4T60-E cars).

well i dont rip on my car i just seem to do everything faster than normal, accelate, corner, or drive at a steady speed. Im not comfortable driving the speed limits, it feels like im sitting in the car pushing it with my feet flinstone style. I also dont do 80mph over everywhere, just a lil faster than the usual flow, and i try to slow down as little as possible on turns. I do however instigate too many races at lights....I will not allow someone to beat me off a light, even if they arent racing, or let them in front of me at a merge, i always have to be first. thats when my foot's usually at the floor cuz every car nowadays seems faster than mine :?

when i first got it (2 1/2 years ago) i drove it hard.... but about a yewar and a half ago i started driving normak sometime like a granny i don't want anymore problems liek i had when i was killin it all the time....plus i try to see how many miles i can get out of my tank its kinda fun, i'll race my friends extreme every now and then even though we know whose gonna win....

Too bad my 2.8 motor can't keep up with the awesome FE3 suspension in my 88 Cutlass International. Accelerating slightly while exiting a corner and getting a forced downshift sucks. With 175K and loose CV joints, I don't even attempt tire burning drag race starts. Take corners really fast though. The handling is great for a 15-year-old mid-sized car that only cost me $450. Run out of nerve before running out of tire adhesion or suspension travel.

I voted hard as hell, but I truely dont. Sure, I take corners faster than I should, but I dont beat on it. Sure I take off faster than normal, but I dont beat on it. Sure I brake harder than I should, but I dont beat on it. I drive it how it wants to be driven :D

for the three years I've had my 93.........I've drove it pretty hard regularly......but lately have been taking it real easy as I have a lotta miles on it........the 00 GTP I had before I traded for the 01 model GTP was driven like it was stolen........I killed those RSA's in about two months from fast take offs and burnouts in front of my house......I bought a cheap ass set of tires from the local store and put em on before I traded it in......the steel belts were showing on my second set of RSA's.......I bet whoever bought my coupe had to have a tranny soon after....I've been babying my current GTP and don't plan to run it hard until I can afford to do so :D

on a normal day, i cruise 80 mph on the freeways. easy to do around here in san diego or actually anywhere in southern california. about 10-15% other cars are going as fast... i've passed cops going that fast and he doesnt even look up -- not the same as when i was living in minnesota/new york (cruising speed is a petty 70)

i drove up to ontario, ca the other weekend. 90-115 mph all the way for two hours. the 3800 seemed capable of handling it. through the mountain hills between escodido and temecula was especially fun. 4 lanes and almost no traffic. just watching the cars fly by. too bad i have to be in the right-most (slow) lane, because that's the lane least driven on.

last weekend i went through this winding road rt 79 between Julian and I-8 (known for many motorcyle deaths). passing cars on double solid lines. i loved it when cars would play "keep-up" with me. im sleeping, then all of a sudden, i push it harder and the car behind just cannot keep up. i try to see how many high beam headlamps flicks i can get.. think i got three that day.

i have yet to discover the top speed of my 92 gran sport. any guesses?