FINISHED SUPERCHARGER INSTALL!!.....

GrandPrix34

JUST KIDDING!!!

Thats a guy from the 60degreeV6 forums....HAHA! It has begun!! The legion of S/C LQ1's!!

Well, mine hasnt taken off the ground yet, still on the drawing board. Thanks to everyone still supporting me!

that motor has 2 oil caps! lol!

also a little TAll! the same company that rms racing geits their super charger for our cars makes a resonably sized supercharger for ~1500bux something to definatly look into alot less work then a turbo

dude, i was going 2 smack u if u had got that far without keeping me updated...soon as I saw the pic I though "he didnt pull the motor out...did he?" lol now u have something to go with, have fun keep us updated.

-Jeff

What's holding the supercharger onto that plate, superglue? :lol:

Not a good way to supercharge an LQ1 for a W-body app unless you don't need to see in front of you.

As you can see, that motor is FAR from being done. There aren't even any cam gears on it! Still a sweet idea though. If I had a Fiero (which that motor is going into) that would be a SWEET project.

We'd be the fastest things around!

Haha, what kind of crack are you smoking? 200hp + figure in about 50-100 tops for that supercharger that will never be tuned 100% correctly, then you get to start replacing transmissions. Once you get a good tranny you get to work on traction, then you'll be in the same league as a modded L67 Regal or Prix. And sorry to say that's not really the "fastest thing around."

Haha, what kind of crack are you smoking? 200hp + figure in about 50-100 tops for that supercharger that will never be tuned 100% correctly, then you get to start replacing transmissions. Once you get a good tranny you get to work on traction, then you'll be in the same league as a modded L67 Regal or Prix. And sorry to say that's not really the "fastest thing around."

I think you are the one smoking crack. Back up your claims for the HP and the never being tuned. You can't, period.

What are the specs on that supercharger that you think you'll be pushing more than 100 hp reliably out of that engine? It doesn't look all that huge. And like was said before, the only place for an engine like that is behind the driver, there's no way that would be practical in a fwd.

Guest Gp crazy

are both intake and charger off a 3.8 ?

there's one in the local swap sheet for 300$$$

" super charger + intake for gm 3.8l

Mattydale ny $ 300 " 315- 455-3883"

that is near syracuse Ny

if they still got it :lol:

The Eaton Model 90 supercharger was engineered for 3.0L to 5.7L passenger cars and light truck engines. It was designed as a compact, flexible supercharger for increased power without adversely affecting fuel economy. The M90 has proven to be suitable for other engine sizes depending on overall system requirements.

Most installations see a realistic 40% plus increase in power output.

Eaton Superchargers will work effectively in any orientation (Flat, upside down, on edge).

Different length drives are available, giving the custom installer flexibility in the placement of the supercharger.

The M90 is available for counter rotating engines (2 Piece Drive).

A Bypass Valve is included with every supercharger, two different Bypass Valves are available, one that mounts directly on the intake port, and one for remote mount.

eaton_M90_drawing.gif

eaton_M90_graph.gif

200hp + figure in about 50-100 tops for that supercharger

And I was on crack where? 200 + 40% = 280hp. That seems to fall right in the middle of my 50-100 guesstimation.

200hp + figure in about 50-100 tops for that supercharger

And I was on crack where? 200 + 40% = 280hp. That seems to fall right in the middle of my 50-100 guesstimation.

with a stock pulley and with a stock charger, port it and put a smaller pulley on it. u are still on crack.

Simmer fanboys, my main nitpick was with the statement that they'd be the fastest cars around. Nowadays even if the car hit 300hp that isn't such a leap from the other cars in it's size and weight class, not to mention tuner and pony cars. And I'd be very apprehensive pumping too much boost to these engines. How much boost do the turbo 3.1's run, and how much would a small pulley m90 run? I'll be the first to admit I know jack squat about supercharger and turbochargers, I'm more into cam grinds, manifolds and beefed internals.