Low temp thermostat

sl3196

I looked around but could not find a 180 thermostat. I thought hypertech had them but I checked their site and didn't see one. Anyone have part #'s or links?

Hey i bought one from Autozones website (autozone.com) it was a hypertech but i think it was a 160 degree. Just by the way, i didnt notice any difference, especially not if i go by the temp gauge.

Hey i just checked autozones website. they got the 160 degree and now they also have the 180! they are hypertechs and the part numbers are 1005 and 1020. good luck

I got a 180 thermostat for my car from autozone. It doesnt cause it to run rich or anything but heres the deal your electric fan or fans wont kick on till your engine is up to over 200 degrees. So to get your car running cooler you will have to put in the 180 degree thermostat and fix your electric fans to run all the time or put in a switch where you can turn them off and on . Oh about forgot you could also get a aftermarket chip for your ecm that would kick your fans on at 180 degrees. :D

I got a 180 thermostat for my car from autozone. It doesnt cause it to run rich or anything but heres the deal your electric fan or fans wont kick on till your engine is up to over 200 degrees. So to get your car running cooler you will have to put in the 180 degree thermostat and fix your electric fans to run all the time or put in a switch where you can turn them off and on . Oh about forgot you could also get a aftermarket chip for your ecm that would kick your fans on at 180 degrees. :D

I meant mainly with the 160. And the stock fan temps are 220 and 227

I run a 160 in the TGP and have PLENTY of heat, and custom fan on/off points.

I have a 160 in my Regal, it has good heat still...gas milage definately went down a lot though...

Running a 160* t-stat in my TGP as well w/ the topgun 160 chip, plenty of heat and the car heats up pretty damn quickly and the temp gauge will barely peak over 160* after idling in heavy traffic for long periods of time. I've ran a 160* in my 93 GP before and it made the car run a lot cooler and I didn't necessarily notice a decrease in gas mileage and I can't judge by exhaust smell since I have no cat and it always smells a tad(not bad at all). At the moment I have a 180* t-stat in the 93 GP and it runs a little bit cooler than normal, I'll probably go back to the 160* during the summer, I'm getting ~29mpg at the moment w/ a mix of city and highway driving(mainly highway). By the way, the TGP is getting ~26mpg in the same driving conditions(driving like a grandma..it goes down a lot when driving harder).

Hey i just checked autozones website. they got the 160 degree and now they also have the 180! they are hypertechs and the part numbers are 1005 and 1020. good luck

It doesn't say which one is the 180. Which one is?

It doesn't say which one is the 180. Which one is?

HYPERTECH 1020 $14.99

180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT

HYPERTECH 1005 $14.99

160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT

they used a 195 because higher temps help burn off the gases and also on a older motor its proven that the lower temp can cause the piston rings not to seal as well with the cylinder walls