(help) installing power locks/windows

GutlessSupreme

found a Cutlass near identical to mine at the yard today. Even the same colors. Only difference was the thing was loaded and had a front bench. grabbed all 4 door panels, lock motors, window motors, switches, and all that good stuff :) The rear door I know aren't prewired but they shouldn't be that bad. The front ones I don't know if they are or not..

I can't find my 7mm socket head so I can't exactly get the panel off to check right now, I think my friend grabbed it by mistake when we were packin up our tools. We went originally so he could find some new rear seats for his Spirit and I asked if I could tag along. I made out just a bit better than him :P

I'm just hoping to god that the front doors are prewired :shock:

Having manual locks and windows is quite the pain :(

btw, for future reference for anyone:

to remove a front door panel (sedan):

1 screw - plastic piece behind door handle; remove plastic piece

1 screw - remove trim piece on top of door panel behind the seat belt. should be 1 screw in there.

2 screws- back of the door, behind the reflector

1 fairly large screw under switch plate - plate should just pop out

1 7mm socket screw - pain in the ass. you'll want a 3 inch extender, and someone to hold the door handle out while you're doing it would reduce some stress. after you've taken out the plate behind the handle, look up and towards the rear of the car and you should see it. it attached the door grip handle to the door frame.

besides those, just a crap load of those shitty white plastic push pin things that only like going 1 way, once.

rear door:

1 screw - remove plastic piece behind door handle and the plastic

1 7mm socket screw - same as above

1 screw on the rear of the door

1 large screw under the ashtray - just pull it out and look towards the front of the car.

my 91 cutlass 4 door doors were not pre-wired for anything unless you mean up to behind the kickpanel and have the plug ready to plug the door harness into, in that case i dont think that was there either

yep, no harness..

So, what exactly do I need to get these hooked up? I've read around and found I need to grab some relays tucked under the dash, and of course the wiring harness...

pics of the shit:

ewww

SWEEET buttons EWWW wires

GOD DAMNIT more WIRES oooo but the motors fascinate me (doesn't take much)

Piss.

complete waste.. - could've used all my original door panels. those might be for sale soon (one in the foreground is one of the originals, ignore that one)

I Hate Rivets.

Awlright. looks good, but it won't work for a while :(

MORE BUTTONS!!! - but the driver window button's broken. that's another thing now - switch, relay, harness...

Can anyone tell me what else is needed? Sorry if I wasn't being clear but I do need help with this. I've read about relays for the locks somewhere under the dash, can anyone tell me where? or where the wiring harness is? I don't know anything electrically about this car. Think a Haynes manual would do me some good?

the haynes manual has the diagrams you're looking for and the step-by-step instructions for all the W-body's. I'd have to reccomend it. Go to the library and photocopy the pages you need if you're a cheapass. It'll be a big help.

In your sig, is it supposed to only have three parking lights? j/w

ok thats a shot of the right front corner...... you just cant see the left front parking light