Attn Jeff M: Re MSD Plug Wires

RareGMFan

I posted this on the Netavalanche forum, but figured you frequent here more often:

You won the auction on that set of 8 mm MSD wires taylor fit for the 3.1 a week or so ago. I was thinking about bidding, but held off. Do you happen to have the part # for that set? I may have a connection that can get it to me for fairly cheap. :shock:

Oh, also, you wouldn't happen to know if they have taylor fit 8.5 mm too, would you?

Part #3181. They fit Chevrolet/GM 2.8L, 3.1L Distributorless such as Cavaliers, Beretta, Grand Ams, Grand Prixs, Luminas and others. 8MM Heli Core Wires.

That is what I was told. Don't have them yet, took a while before he would tell me the way he wanted the funds, and that all important address to send it to. I checked his feedback, he can be slow at times, getting to it when he has time, hopefully soon, wanted more so to test these against others so I have that info, people always asking what ones work best. I use Magnacores on my truck and like them very much, want to test the MSDs and see what their ohm reading is as compared to OEM, and the fitment, that sort of stuff. As for taylor fit, do you mean custom fit versions of MSD or "Taylor" brand? Since the MSD are 8mm, don't see an 8.5 being offered since it's not much bigger, Magnacores have 10mm last I checked, but at that point, some fun getting it to fit as clean as stock, personal preference, not sure we are suffering that much for spark power to go this big, coils and other ways to upgrade the popper's power :lol:

Jeff M

Davis: Hmmmm.....that is odd. :? I know they're universal, but aren't there several different types of boots to choose from? I'm sure they didn't intend on one kind fitting on all V-6's. In any event, I don't have time to be cutting them and putting them together myself. I'd prefer some pre-fitted performance wires.

Since the MSD are 8mm, don't see an 8.5 being offered since it's not much bigger, Magnacores have 10mm last I checked

Yeah, good point. And yes, I meant taylor fitted, not the Taylor brand. I know Magnecor also has 8.5mm pre fitted for the 3.1, and that's probably about as big as I'd want to go. I'll look into the cost differences between the MSD 8, and Magnecor 8.5, and see if it's worth it. Thanks for the info!