great day @ salvage yards

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

well.................:) :) i had a rockin day at the salvage yard today (went to 2 in Denver and 1 in Ft.Collins). i got a '90 HUD, the bracket, dimmer switch and pigtails for $2.99 (the counter clerk reffered to it as a speaker hahahaha), a center black dash pod with DIC and pigtails for 5.99, and i finally got the black plastic side skirting and rear wrap for my CS for $30. (aka the International Sedan gfx). one yard even has a matching dark blue BYP front bumper that i plan on getting soon. oh yeah, managed to score inside & outside temp sensors for $1.49 so i can install my auto climate control too. these salvage yards were TOTALLY GHETTO. one place was Colorado Auto salvage just south of Denver, and the other was Pull N' Save in Aurora. the one in Ft.Collins was called Aragaon i think (that guy was a dick). i saw a helluva lot of w-bodies! also this week i bought another TGP intercooler and this one includes the upper/lower IC pipes and hoses :) i'll probably sell the TGP intercooler that i don't end up using soon....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

i got to the yard at about 4:30 and didn't know when they closed. so...i was in the yard a whopping 5 minutes after close and he came out while we were heading back in and he was all pissed off, even saying some bullshit about how he should charge us extra and going on and on about how the computers were already shut off and we should have more respect and crap.

joshua

hey bro, think you could salvage or find some stuff for me? pay for all charges, including shipping! wanted 2 know if you could find me a HUD wit all the accessories, either a factory spoiler or a spoiler that would look sharp, and just for show, the front facia of a Grand Prix Coupe, you know, the mini quad setup cauz i really want 2 change the light bar setup on my prix...just some request if you have time aight? thanks again and feel free 2 contact me about anything for that matter AOL/SN: djxpi

email addy, djxpi@aol.com

Guest TurboSedan

heya GrandPrix34, i think i can get you the HUD actually. there is an GP STE at one of the yards and i remember the HUD was practically the only thing that looked alright out of the whole car. it was the only other HUD i saw besides the one i bought. i can't remember if it had a spoiler but i don't think it did. WHAT?!?! you don't like the light bar on the GP? i think they look great with that light bar! but anyways, i didn't see any GP's with the mini-quad setup but will look around. me and iTurbo will be down there again next week i think or at least soon anyway. i probably won't buy much but if anyone is looking for anything special then tell me and i'll see what i can do. anyone looking for a CS DIC or Auto Climate control stuff? dirt cheap....

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

do you need the dash piece that surrounds the DIC and climate control too or just the units themselves? Shawn, i was looking around for a good black armrest for you but didn't find anything, they were all crap. they had a nice black steering wheel with the controls on it, but i don't think it will control my Pioneer. are you still looking for one?

joshua

do you need the dash piece that surrounds the DIC and climate control too or just the units themselves? Shawn, i was looking around for a good black armrest for you but didn't find anything, they were all crap. they had a nice black steering wheel with the controls on it, but i don't think it will control my Pioneer. are you still looking for one?

joshua

Just the unit themselves, although I'd take the dash piece (sport pod) if it's cheap enough. If you can get another sport pod + DIC for $5.99, then I'd gladly take both! If you could get the DIC from a 3.4 DOHC car, that would be extra wonderful, although I don't really care what it comes from as long as it comes from a Cutlass Supreme. I don't really need the climate control so I'll take it only if you can get it for <$10.

Yep, still looking for steering wheel controls, but I don't need the whole wheel. Mine is a 94 though, which is an airbag wheel and is different than 88-93. The controls are different too. I think my 94 wheel is the same as 95-97, so if you can find a 94-97 wheel that would be perfect.

Thanks!

Hey do you think you can get me a black leather wrapper wheel from an 88-93 GP without those wheel controls? leather has to be in good condition cuz thats y im replacing it. if u can let me know how much u want

Guest TurboSedan

ismellrealbad & bumping z34: i'll be looking around. but most of the w-bodies i saw were base models, so i kinda doubt i can get any DOHC emblems. i think the only DOHC car i came across was that STE.

joshua

z34, not to burst your bubble but i have a 93 gp 3.4 sitting in my junkyard and the engine looks fine but i noticed no emblems. bummer. man i'd kill to be able to get 4 grey leather seats in good shape, maybe someday ill take a trip up to hazelton PA....hopefully u can come across that wheel malibu :D

Guest TurboSedan
how about some dohc badges i would like as many as you can get

i went to Aragon in Ft.Collins yesterday (got a crappy passenger side International side moulding but better than nothing i guess (free)...) and also one DOHC 24 Valve emblem from a '91 CS coupe...do you want the emblem? i also went to Loveland Auto Salvage but i didn't like that place (or the guy behind the counter) at all.

joshua