'

Invasion1

how doed Cruise Control Work on a Standerd Transmission???

im doing a 5-speed swap and will i be able to use the Cruise control??

any thoughts?

:D

Dave

I owned a 5 spd with crusie control

I don't suppose it would be hard but theres a switch on the clutch that turns off the cruise when the clutch pedal is pressed...otherwise it would just rev the engine up when you pushed in the clutch

So you can't shift and keep the cruise on...you have to stay in one gear then hit set or resume accel

Guest TurboSedan

my car used to be auto, but now has a Getrag 282 swapped in. here is the way mine is:

there is a brown wire coming from the underdash wiring harness that *previously* went to terminal 'G' on the CC module under the dash. this brown wire sent the signal from the brake switch to the CC module to turn the CC off. the brown wire now goes directly to the clutch switch. then a brown/white wire comes out of the clutch switch and goes to terminal 'G' on the CC module. CC works great now :)

basically the clutch switch is wired inline with the brake switch, so if either the brake pedal or clutch pedal is depressed the cruise will turn off.

good luck - you'll love the 5-speed!

joshua