Who had the high octane topgun chips for sale???

dbtk2

I remember seeing some high octane top-gun chips for sale on here a few months ago and I am wondering if the seller sold them or not, because I may be interested!

If you know who was selling them, or you are the one that was selling them, let me know, I am interested in buying one.

Thanks,

Shawn

Like I said...they've been tested/used in other TGP's and worked fine...yes yes i know jeff knows his shit and everyone will pretty much believe anything he says...but the chip worked fine in 2 STOCK TGP's....

Sure it will work, but when you hook a WBo2 upto a car, log it, then make VE and PE corrections to the chip based on the o2 readings, you're not going to get the same results w/o that car is what I am saying. Sure it will work. Hell, you could run a 3.4 w/ a 3.1 chip, doesn't mean it's right.

Yeah...jeff made a chip for my slightly ported heads..and my bigger cam...nothing to spectacular here. My heads flow a little more and my cam is slightly different...not to big of a deal.

Yeah...jeff made a chip for my slightly ported heads..and my bigger cam...nothing to spectacular here. My heads flow a little more and my cam is slightly different...not to big of a deal.

Yea right you might think that :lol: , but after a long education (not as long with Mike/the original owner) to understand the workings and results we were looking for on his scan tool/from his car, and him running 350 ¼ mile runs, and me and him reviewing those logged runs, and me burning and sending another chip to test (LOTS of chips) it was a BIG DEAL :read: :!: Just a head upgrade makes for a lot of chip work, throw in a cam and things are way off as a cam changes the VE more than anything, and that he was running 100 octane, the chip is way more than stock and like it was said, "could" be run on a stock TGP with 100 octane but it would NOT be right and I would NEVER give it my blessing that way :!: , (me knowing this) I respect other people and their cars too much to say that, that is if you are asking and you should :shock: .

Jeff M

Thats funny Jeff, You and mike seem to have totally different opinions on what really went into the chips...but seeing as how i know mike...and trust what he says I think i believe him over you. Just like i thought, he didnt think the chips would have much trouble in another car, and they didnt. Is someone just a little pissed im using something u made to make a profit???? :oops:

Not trying to start a fight with everyone...but everytime someone post's about buying a chip from me...Jeff does his best to make sure they dont! Its just annoying, Jeff go ahead and "warn" them on how the chip isnt going to work, but when it does...just like it has before, dont be surprised.

here we go again........ :roll:

Ditto..

LIKE I SAID! :evil: Not trying to start a fight with everyone...but everytime someone post's about buying a chip from me...Jeff does his best to make sure they dont! Its just annoying, Jeff go ahead and "warn" them on how the chip isnt going to work, but when it does...just like it has before, dont be surprised.

Sheeeze, I go away for a few hours and come back to......

What I have learned from such past fun is when someone does not want to listen, best to just go on. For those others listening, at least another chip tuner/god910 knows chips are not universal, and my only mention was to protect another person's engine from potential risk, that is POTENTIAL risk, if someone has an engine with mods, BUY THE CHIP!!! Last, granted I did not like hearing a chip Mike and I worked hard and long on was said as "no big deal" but I think anyone would be a little taken but such a statement regarding their efforts :roll: .

I have nothing left to offer as far as help so nothing left for me to say 8) !

Jeff M

Last, granted I did not like hearing a chip Mike and I worked hard and long on was said as "no big deal" but I think anyone would be a little taken but such a statement regarding their efforts :roll: .

I have nothing left to offer as far as help so nothing left for me to say 8) !

Jeff M

I dont think u need to be putting words into my mouth. I said the MODS on my car were not to big of a deal, the heads changed a little and so did the cam, i didnt say anything about the work you and mike did on the chip not being a big deal, so dont take it like that.

Sure it will work, but when you hook a WBo2 upto a car, log it, then make VE and PE corrections to the chip based on the o2 readings, you're not going to get the same results w/o that car is what I am saying. Sure it will work. Hell, you could run a 3.4 w/ a 3.1 chip, doesn't mean it's right.

None of these cars is the same numerically if you want to get into the guts of the car. I guarantee if you hook up a WBo2 to 3 different TGP's and then just move the same MEMCal to each of the cars you will not get the same numbers no matter what! :wink: No two sensors will read exactly the same on any of the 3 cars. None of the cars will have the same impedance at the injectors. None of the cars will have the same flow at the exhaust. None of the cars will have the same continuity for spark. None of them will have the exact same fuel Octane level (unless they all filled at the same pump at the same time). So according to what you are saying each one of these cars would need a custom calibrated MEMCal for normal running or performance? 8)

None of these cars is the same numerically if you want to get into the guts of the car. I guarantee if you hook up a WBo2 to 3 different TGP's and then just move the same MEMCal to each of the cars you will not get the same numbers no matter what! :wink: No two sensors will read exactly the same on any of the 3 cars. None of the cars will have the same impedance at the injectors. None of the cars will have the same flow at the exhaust. None of the cars will have the same continuity for spark. None of them will have the exact same fuel Octane level (unless they all filled at the same pump at the same time). So according to what you are saying each one of these cars would need a custom calibrated MEMCal for normal running or performance? 8)

I agree with 100% about what you are saying about different cars having slight differences, but that's all they are is slight differences. Jeff M. Topgun chips are generic chips just like the stock ones. They are close enough to get a car to run very well, but not optimized to what they could be. I'm sure Jeff M. or any other good tuner for that matter could easily squeeze another 10hp/10ft lbs out of a TGP with a Topgun chip already in it. Why?? Well, for the reason you listed plus engine condition variations. :)

Systemic variations do indeed make it hard for a single chip to work on like engines, that fact had me working for a long time when doing the chips I now sell, having to test multiple TGPs with these chips, then adjust for those variations, like all those Kenny said, and temps extremes (-20 degrees to 100’s) etc, then like what has been said so much here lately, ownership care over the years, and the miles on those cars. I tested on ones with 20k to 180k miles to get a good amount of coverage, and several TGPs here and in other states for initial testings and confirmation of results, lots to be aware of and test for. But nothing is as different as when the breathing characteristics of the engine have been changed, even some head work will change the VE tables, but when a cam is added, VE is changed all over from idle to redline, and compounded whenever boost is happening. This chip for Mike took some work as dkorinko understands, and the cam Mike used was even more aggressive than the upgraded cam I have in my TGP. The cam Mike had was more aggressive than I would of suggested (not wrong, just a lot of chip work for us to get even good) but Mike had already installed it when we discussed a custom chip for this package. I knew coming in that Mike’s would be the exception and that his chip would not offer much if I were to look into setting up a cam chip, and I have even avoided a cam for the head and turbo with larger injector chip I am working on. Not that a good cam is a bad thing, but when I see proof of stock engine/stock cam GN, T-Types and now some Syclone/Typhoons running in the 10s this way, it only helps confirm what others have said in the past, stock cams are not that bad to work with!!

Just some info, going to be a while before I can reply to any questions, long list or work to do here.

Jeff M