'

Invasion1

Sweeeeet deal 8) 8) , and we already know, sweeeet car :lol: !! Not sure how hot your summer months get but might be a good idea to get a front lower air damn/splitter/valance whatever people like to call it, I know of a few owners that ran without one in the summer got close to overheating (recent topic), it makes a big difference with the air damn forcing air through the radiator and things. Nice pics, gimme one of the engine bay, don’t worry if its all dusty looking, we all got those till we spend days detailing it, lemme see, lemme see under its dress (sicko) :twisted: . Again, super nice steal of a deal, it will be fun to just peck away at it restoring things and enjoying the ride, whenever I drove a friend's red TGP, I got so many looks from people I started to get a little nervous even, never got that with my black TGPs, only thing was people getting the hell out of my way on the road.

Jeff M

Ahh, that is pretty clean, remember some of the ones a while ago on eBay, I mean they showed pics of the engine bay to help sell it with tons of dust piled all over the place, leaves and junk, just nasty, even just a little bit a wiping and those car’s engine bays would of help sell those cars a little better. All in all yours looks damn good, main thing is its got the stock pieces still there, I have seen my share of those missing headlight access panels, battery cover, ECM cover, TV/TB/Cruise cable cover and more missing, and nasty re-routing of patched vacuum lines and wire looms, yours looks better care for over the years, evident by the newer radiator cap too, who knows, maybe it got it juices flushed, that would be cool! I see someone replaced the alternator, and is it missing the serpentine belt for now? Turbo was off at some time it looks, probably to do the pipe, mine got replaced 4 times in the 4 years while my new TGP was still under warranty. Also appears to have the turbo heat blanket, treat that puppy carefully, fragile but I have handled a few and you can take care of them, even use some high-temp silver spray on it baked dry in your BBQ Grill to make it look new again (some of your restoration work). That is all I can see at this time with the pic, that is going to be fun to work on, and with all you know to look for, will be able to get her up to trouble-free in no time 8) !! But do take your time and enjoy the work, it will be worth it in the end.

Jeff M

Yuk..............needs Detailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF0013.JPG?dc=4675458056408161740

Not as bad as mine! :shock:

TGPEngineBay.jpg

I am going to see about getting a Lower Valence for the car....i see one on Ebay right now but are they still avaliable at the dealer???

I'm pretty sure they're still available from the dealer, and I believe Chris A said $140 tops, which is less than that one on eBay will cost with the $75 for shipping added to the total. :shock:

:shock:

thats dirty..........

Well, he didn't do it on purpose. In fact, he only realized it when I e-mailed him to look into shipping. Then he got back to me saying that it can't be put in a box and would be $75 to ship. I shipped a LeSabre T Type spoiler to Canada once, which is a tad bit taller then the TGP one. The only reason it had to go freight was because the UPS size restrictions for international are 30" smaller. Otherwise, it met US standards, so I think I'd be able to cram the slightly smaller GP valance into a box. You're not going to find a perfect, pre-fitted one freaking Boxes Etc. or something. That's the problem. You have to custom make it, bending other boxes to fit it. I work at a mostly mail order store, so I have the luxury of access to PLENTY of packing material, including boxes in all sizes and shapes. But regardless, anyone could make it happen if they're willing to put the effort into it. UPS has a size limit of something like 150" girth and height combined for within the US. I received an entire Pontiac 6000 front fender through UPS for $35 (mostly due to the weight). First the guy quoted me a $100 something. I was like "ummm....come again?". I told them to find out how far over it was, which they did. they then cut a few inches off, packed it tighter, and presto, $35 to ship. Amazing what a difference a few inches can make. (No jokes, please :shock: )

I shipped a LeSabre T Type spoiler to Canada once, which is a tad bit taller then the TGP one.

LaSabre T-Type, that is another very rare car, like the 6000 STE/AWD, I know a guy here local who got one, got a big stiffy and then did his own conversion with a 99 SuperCharged 3800 drivetrain, nice job and a lot of custom work he did on his own. Had some problems so I asked if it still had the high-mileage 2.8L fuel pump in it, yep so Walbro, then funning shifting problems, told him to drop the pan and replace the old filter (might be plugged some) and new fluids, but no old filter, ooopss!! But he is cruising well now and very happy 8)

Jeff M

Well, Davis, I liked you until I saw this post. Goddamn Canadians, $300!!!!!! I hate you now. :lol: But, check my new post, eat my heart out. :lol: Good buy, I seriously doubt this one has a bent subframe. :lol: :wink:

i ment that engine bay was dirty........... :lol:

not the dude on Ebay..... :?

:lol: :lol: That's what I figured you meant, but then you went right into the bit about the valance, so then I was like "Hmmmm....." Should have known.

Jeff: My sister's first car (which she still drives every day) is an '89 LeSabre T Type. Got her started early on rare GMs. :wink: But she LOVES that thing. Plans on doing an L67 swap on it, too. Pretty common/popular with those cars. MAN is that 3800 a breeze to work on! Had the tune-up done in like 10 minutes! Here's her Cardomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/384791

Man, that Canadian wanted the front spoiler BAD! He won the auction for $100, and that was with a big tear down the middle. He said he didn't care, he wanted it! He'd get it fixed. Finally had to go by freight truck for $170!! :shock: Worked with him for nearly a month to get it too him. Paid off, though.

MAN THIS GUY IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST I'VE DELT WITH ON EBAY EVER,, THANKS Buyer rocket_ride_@ yahoo.com (328)
:peace:

Hyeboy are you saying if I have a u shaped object (like a valance) and i make a package that fits its shape, and the length plus girth (distance around the package) doesn't exceed specs its ok? I figured it was the square box size the measured.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Davis, congrats on the steal. :cheers: Loose one save one. :) Looks good.

Can't see where it needs paint. RPO codes and paint # are on the spare tire cover. Just lift the mat.

Jud

hahaha :lol:

nope i went under this one and no damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this will be certifiable im sure pending the paperwork with Customs and RIV.ca

cheers

Dave

Be carefull. These cars don't pass the Canadian bumper testing laws. The only way you can get it certified is to take it to Quebec some company there will charge you 6000 canadian dollars to crash your car into some brick wall and do testing.

You now have 60 days to get it passed by one of the inspector from Candian Tire. That inspector will ask for a GM letter stating this car is roadworthy in Canada or that you have done the required changes (as stated from GM) . That letter you will not Get (from GM). RIV does not care about you they are passing the buck to you it's up to you to know these things. If in 60 days you did not register the car Customs will take it and destroy it in front of your eyes. You should have waited until 15 years passed (from the date of build) than it no longer falls under GM's umbrella and RIV would let it in. Don't ask me how I know. These cars deserve better than chopped up cause of stupid Candians (yeah I'm a Candian).

Good Luck

Regards Adam S.

put it in storage and have someone you know in the States get you a bill of sale when the 15 year loophole opens up. I'll store it for you but I'd have ot be able to drive it. :lol: Sorry I usually don't post sarcasm but at least I didn't tell you I'd smash it in front of you!!!! Dale M. Omaha, NE.

Yeah that is the idea but the problem is customs canada is already aware of the car. So it's up to them to decide if they let it back and for how much money.

Adam S.

If they "are aware of the car" then they know you towed it home(?), meaning it does not run, and it (little stretch of trueth) needs lots of work to get it running again, so it will not be driven on the roads/need to be inspected etc for a while. You HAVE other cars you drive, this one is to work on and restore, mabye drive here in the future, like after the 15 year ticker is up :lol: Maybe/until the 15 year ticker is up, any Canook should tow thier baby home so they can claim it as non-running collector (not hard to convince of that :D ) car?

Good luck!

Jeff M

Well I'm glad you were able to bring it in. The TGP is listed on the list with two asterisks, that means you need to replace the bumpers, and you were right it is not 60 days but 45. Here is where I got all that from

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html

It's all well if it ends well. keep al paperwork for at least 5 years.

Later

Adam S.