BOV part #'s

tgpguy21

After using a 1g eclipse bov for a while, I've decided I do not really like it all that well. It is not adjustable, and there seems to be enough difference between the pushrod V6 and overhead cam 4cyl to make bov adjustment a very desirable feature at higher than stock boost levels.

So, anyone have opinions or preferences on aftermarket blow off valves??

what type of boost are you running? mine is the stock 9.5psi so RFL bov's are not necessary.

1trucavalier... most automatic tranny cars do not come with BOV's because there is not as much rapid high boost to zero boost to high boost situations like in a manual tranny car. When you run high boost and back-out of the throttle real fast (like when shifting a manual tranny) you will cause a shock wave to run back and forth between the Throttle plate and the turbo compressor wheel. This wave will cause the turbo to go from 100,000+ RPM to 10,000 real fast. Prolonged reduction in speed will kill a turbo real fast! On an auto car it is not as important to have a BOV because the gear shifts mesh together and you are constantly in the throttle during the up-shifts. Make sense?.. 8)

isn't that also depending on boost? 9.5lbs is one thing but when i take off my bcs and punch it to 3300 (no more) the amount of air being released from my bov in unreal. even with an auto that shockwave from my experience with my tgp has to be devistating to the turbo.

right now the only mods im running are K&n filter on turbo to allow it to spool quicker, and new plugs and wires. hey im bidding on a bov on ebay right now the 1g talon, eclipse bov will work wont it?

how are you running 14-15psi without a chip? the only way is to #1 have the chip, #2 remove the bcs solenoid and have a manual boost controller. the 2nd IMO is very dangerous because you have all that increased air with the same fuel maps. I am running straight pipe no mufflers, and custom spectre intake and with the bcs removed and no back pressure the boost at 3300 takes off to the stratosphere thats when i let off and thats when i am just bs'ing around. With the bcs vaccume back on your car absolutely will not exceed the ecu's max limit. Let me know please if there is some other way to reach 14psi safely. :D

i also have no mufflers just pipe. i still have the stock solenoid. the thing is i have a lean gas code which means maybe a intake gasket leak? ever since i bought the car this is what it has been running and form what i know everything is stock on it. im have a prob somewhere i just need to find it.

if you gonna do the intake gasket, get the oil pump drive seal $2 and some accel injectors $175. kill three birds with one stone! look on http://www.car-part.com for a whole motor 2nd gen dsm (laser, talon, eclipse). If the motor is there 9 out 10 times the bov is still in the car mounted to the passenger side on the frame in front of the strut tower. If you don't have one in a week I'll see what i can do I know where there is one just sitting in the junkyard.