Found bellows for crossover pipe!!!

tgpguy21

For those of you just like me who cant afford to buy the rebuilt pipe from jeff right now Ive found where you can get the bellows to make your own temporary crossover pipe. I got them from a place called EPI. I think i got the number from Jegs, or im sure you can look them up online.. but i just recieved mine and they look awesome. The ones i got were the smallest one that EPI had and i also got the nipples on them, but i dont think you will need them because im just gonna cut them off and use the bellowed section. Hope this helps some people. :D

how good quality are they

:werd: Finding flex bellows themselves is not very hard at all. It's finding one qualified to be used on the TGP crossover that's an issue. I would want at least a grade T409. Otherwise, it's not even a temporary solution. If it won't hold for more then a week, it isn't going to do us much good.

All together with shipping it was $50.70. And yes it is alittle bit harder to find these bellows than what you would think. lots of people dont have them this small. as for it not being able to last more than a week i would put money on it that it will last alot longer than that. these are double walled T304 braided flex tubes as for pictures i cant even get my printer to print let alone scan something. The lenght on these things are 8" with the extra nipples added on. If you are going to buy these dont go with the ones with the nipples they are a couple dollars more than just the bellows, and i really dont think youll need them. hope this helps some of you. I know there has to be a cheaper solution to fixing these pipe, and if done corectly i believe this could be it.

OH momma! T304 will most DEFINITELY do!! Could it be???? Both Turbos back on the road? SOON??

*tears of joy stream down the face*

Thanks a million, man!! Oh, do you happen to know what the part # is that you ordered off hand?

The guy thats rebuilding mine for me is making a bracket to keep everything lined up and keep any extra stress off the bellows if any of you want to do the same thing. if you guys are seriously going to order these i would call him and see if you guys could get a group discount or something, being as there are so many of us in need of rebuilding a cross over pipe. ill keep you guys updated to let you know how its holding up or run into any problems.

OH momma! T304 will most DEFINITELY do!! Could it be???? Both Turbos back on the road? SOON??

So why in one post did you say T409 at a minimum and then have tears of joy and say now that T304 will do? Just curious? 8)

Guest TurboSedan

:werd: Finding flex bellows themselves is not very hard at all. It's finding one qualified to be used on the TGP crossover that's an issue. I would want at least a grade T409. Otherwise, it's not even a temporary solution. If it won't hold for more then a week, it isn't going to do us much good.

weren't you the one that about threw a fit when no one would tell you where to get the braided flexes in an earlier thread? :roll:

also, i'd be willing to bet that a T304 SS braided flex bellow is about 10x better than that crap ASC/Mclaren put on the crossovers at the factory!

joshua

So why in one post did you say T409 at a minimum and then have tears of joy and say now that T304 will do? Just curious? 8)

i'd be willing to bet that a T304 SS braided flex bellow is about 10x better than that crap ASC/Mclaren put on the crossovers at the factory!

Malibuolds' quote sums it up. I'll put it this way. If it will hold for a year, it will do. I just want them driveable. Looking back at the thread you're talking about, T409 being a minimum was a type-o on my part. Jim's quote summed up that thread pretty nicely:

Hyeboy Wrote:
I'd just feel more confident long-term with a Jeff M pipe. I just need a temporary, cheaper alternative that will last a while, because $400 for one fix is way way WAY out of my budget right now.

Very well put...

Now just to try and help out a little bit...

t304 will not work just as good if not better than t409

t409 is better, Inconel is best.

t304 will work for a very temporary fix, which is what you are after. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

With that being said, T304 isn't my first pick, but if it will get the job done for now and get my cars on the road, I'll have to take it. Once everything's restored and running 100% again, then I'll worry about getting Jeff M pipes the next time the crossovers require replacement/repair. My main concern with that comment was I was afraid these were your typical, lesser quality flexes that I've already come across several times, but gp90se cleared that up.

weren't you the one that about threw a fit when no one would tell you where to get the braided flexes in an earlier thread? :roll:

Ummm......no, not really. :? I was inquiring about those specific flexes used IN the picture on that thread, not finding any braided flexes in general. There were links in that very thread to braided flexes on eBay, but through discussions, were determined not worthy of holding up to the TGP crossover application. Those lesser quality ones are not very hard to find, and are what I was referring to in my original post on this thread. I thought I was being pretty clear with how I phrased that, but I guess not. :roll: Anyways....

Davis, I'll need 4 of them as well, cash in hand! :D I'll need to know if this is going to happen soon, though. Otherwise, I'll have to order them on my own. In a hurry to get both turbos road worthy. 8)

HyeBoy...

From my reasearch (reading) I honestly think the T304 will hold up for the long term if welded in place correctly. Do I have any cross-overs in use with T304? Yes (Twalt's car). Have I done a long term trial to back up my opinion of what I have read about T304 and turbo applications...no.

I understand what you are saying about a short term fix with T304, but from the metalurgy specifications I have read about T304 it will handle the heat and then some. Whether or not it will handle the constant flexing of a 3.1 Turbo motor, only time will tell... 8)

Well it is not a good test bed because since it was done in October 2003, it has been parked. TWalt is deployed helping to protect our freedom. I run the car at least once a week for about 2 hours to keep her juices from going sour. Once he returns I think he is going to take it over-seas during his tour in Italy or maybe he will sell it to me, so we shall see... 8)

If they don't work in the long run and would need to get a jeff m crossover would this ruin the crossover and make it so he won't give you the refundable core charge on it???

There is chance of that, depending on if the weld job is a good job or a sh&%y one and how much, if any of the old pipe is salvageable.

Didn't I read that Jeff replaces the flange end piping to reduce the risk of long term fatigue at the manifold end of the cross-over? Like you said Jim as long as the welds are good and not a hack job people should only lose about 1/4" length of stock cross-over piping. That could be made up with the materials replaced when Jeff does his new metal replacement for the flanges. The jig (however used) should not be affected, just the materials needed to take up the slack to make a Jeff M cross-over from any failed TGP cross-over... 8)

What do you think?

• 2 years later...

Old topic, but I have to bring it back up. Just wondering what happened with this?? Cause I need 2 of em..

EDIT

I found these on JC whit..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000184665/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000184665/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000184665

but they have the nipples. The other site.. http://www.epiflex.com/ still shows them. But I had been waiting to see if we were getting the discount that was talked about..[br]Posted on: April 09, 2006, 01:14:42 PM_________________________________________________Nevermind, I found the "guaging interest" link over in the group buy section..