1995 Cutlass Vert - Assistance Identifying and locating part

JGP

Hi, 

I have a 95 Cutlass Supreme (red on white) with the 3.4L and only 13,000 original miles (it's a Texas car). The drivers side window has a plastic part that is attached to it - it's almost like a guide for the window to run up and down the pillar. I can't seem to identify what you call it - nor, where I'd even look for one. Unfortunately, this part has a crack down it and I don't know how long it will last before it breaks off.

Any help would be appreciated!

JG from Canada.

Hello and welcome.

I think you might be referring to either the window guide...or channel.  This is the guide.  Part # of 10188185.  This part is positioned on the window that kinda sits right near the outside mirror area when the glass is all the way up.

GM 10188185 Guide, Front Side Door Window Front

This is the channel.  Part # of 10129641.  This one is positioned down in the door cavity where it's normally out of sight, more of a mechanical piece.  I think it holds the glass upright in place as it travels up and down when the regulator is operating.  It keeps the glass from tilting out of position inside the door when it's traveling up and down as well.

GM 10129641 Channel Assembly, Front Side Door Window Front

These both are for the driver's side door.  Do you know which one you need or are referring too?

Edited by jiggity76

Pics? Though Ive got a feeling I know the part being referred too. IIRC its called run channel if its the slotted piece the glass makes contact with on the sides of the "window regulator". It could "possibly" be some universal stuff that solidified over time that just looks like plastic.

Hey is this at the front A pillar side of the glass near the mirrors or against the rear part of the door glass closer to the handle? I`m thinking of 2 different parts now.

34 minutes ago, rich_e777 said:

Pics? Though Ive got a feeling I know the part being referred too. IIRC its called run channel if its the slotted piece the glass makes contact with on the sides of the "window regulator". It could "possibly" be some universal stuff that solidified over time that just looks like plastic.

Hey is this at the front A pillar side of the glass near the mirrors or against the rear part of the door glass closer to the handle? I`m thinking of 2 different parts now.

I think the guide is the piece that's on the corner of the glass next to the outside mirror when the glass is up.  I think the channel is the metal piece that's mounted in the cavity of the door that keeps the glass from tilting forwards or backwards as it travels up and down on the regulator.  I'm not sure which piece he's needing or referring too.

Yup, I might be thinking of a different car TBH after seeing that part.

Could he be referring to the old regulator tape pressed inside that piece? I`ll look on mine this weekend, I`m curious now.