TGP Computer Tuning?

Jaywags

So, I'm just curious if there is anyone around anymore that can remap the ECU on the Turbo Grand Prix. I remember seeing a thread that someone was able to squeeze some more hp/tq out but can't seem to relocate the post. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you   

Well, first of all. Enough of these have been chipped over the years that i'd pop the eeprom cover off your ecm and check if it has a non-stock chip in it.

Has your crossover pipe been replaced with a rebuilt one? Thats somewhat of a indicator as the guys that have been involved in the crossover pipes and chips are been closely tied. If not make sure your crossover pipe is not leaking as they basically all failed over a long enough time and they hurt performance when they broke.

Anyhow, gosh I believe if you can contact a guy, Adam Perkins, he is/was on here though I forget his screen name. I can shoot him an email and ask if he's still doing them. Not sure if he wants that posted out in the public domain or not.

28 minutes ago, White93z34 said:

Well, first of all. Enough of these have been chipped over the years that i'd pop the eeprom cover off your ecm and check if it has a non-stock chip in it.

Has your crossover pipe been replaced with a rebuilt one? Thats somewhat of a indicator as the guys that have been involved in the crossover pipes and chips are been closely tied. If not make sure your crossover pipe is not leaking as they basically all failed over a long enough time and they hurt performance when they broke.

Anyhow, gosh I believe if you can contact a guy, Adam Perkins, he is/was on here though I forget his screen name. I can shoot him an email and ask if he's still doing them. Not sure if he wants that posted out in the public domain or not.

Yeah, I understand all that chipping stuff. Had a 1990 Thunderbird SC that was chipped... it didn't seem to do anything with performance help. but I'll check the ECM to verify.

I know the heat shields are missing from the crossover pipe, not sure if it was replaced, she has 103,000 miles. but the only think leaking is the EGR gasket (as far as I know).

If you do get a hold of him and he's still doing the tune  or is willing to, just shoot me a message. I really appreciate it.. thank you

Try getting a hold of Ben Phelps at 60degreev6.com

His nickname is SappySE107,

it's been a lot of years since I had contact with him, he did programming for the odb1 eeproms.

His website was at one time WOT-TECH.com

Definetly find Adam Perkins.  He is in the TGP Facebook groups. Last I spoke with him he was still doing chips for these!

Ben at WOT-TECH.com also does chips, although I'm not sure if he does TGPs or not.  He posted on the 60degreev6 facebook page that the website crashed recently and he is hoping to have i tback up soon.  He's still around, just having website issues.  

15 hours ago, 55trucker said:

Try getting a hold of Ben Phelps at 60degreev6.com

His nickname is SappySE107,

it's been a lot of years since I had contact with him, he did programming for the odb1 eeproms.

His website was at one time WOT-TECH.com

Awesome, Thank you for this... 

2 hours ago, Bake82 said:

Definetly find Adam Perkins.  He is in the TGP Facebook groups. Last I spoke with him he was still doing chips for these!

Ben at WOT-TECH.com also does chips, although I'm not sure if he does TGPs or not.  He posted on the 60degreev6 facebook page that the website crashed recently and he is hoping to have i tback up soon.  He's still around, just having website issues.  

Thank you, Yes, I did get a hold Of Adam on facebook... He's still doing them as well. but good to have options..