hey guys! Here is my 03 monte with a 3.6 and 6t70 swap!

ThatLFXmonteSS

3 hours ago, White93z34 said:

First question: Why did you just post just one picture!? I want to see more!

Haha sorry, I ended getting busy halfway through posting that so I summed it up quick and sent it

434FF367-3247-4A8E-9632-BE9FE838CDCC.jpeg

264B4355-FFCE-48C4-BEDF-FDD34E4FBD76.jpeg

648F9D6A-3C20-459F-9939-C03205BB28A1.jpeg

8EE07FA4-2FB5-4FA6-A07E-7A4F4D3C8996.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love it.

What drove you to choose the LFX over the more conventional L67 swap that people tend to like (I mean aside of the fact that a LFX if more powerful out of the box)

10 minutes ago, White93z34 said:

Love it.

What drove you to choose the LFX over the more conventional L67 swap that people tend to like (I mean aside of the fact that a LFX if more powerful out of the box)

Well…. After going through my 9th 4t65e I wanted to do something different, We had the impala sitting out back, we also had an 06 monte ss out back, and a 07 Grand Prix so I mean, i could have done an ls4 swap, or even shoved and l32 in it and called it a day. But as far as I know the lfx swap was never done before, and I have plenty of time, so I decided that the lfx was to way to go mainly because of how strong the 6t70 has proven itself to be, and the fact that I wanted to modernize the car. I loved how the monte was from the factory but I always wished it was a little bit more modern, now with this entire swap I have gained the stability control + the altogether better traction system, the whole car uses the can-bus now so you can do a few more electronic things in the car, and well, I always have liked dohc v6s and I’ve always liked the dohc v6 sound when they have equal length exhausts so I I just figured it was worth a shot to try the swap so maybe other people could do it in the future too!

• Like 2

as you can see, i used the entire dash out of the 2012, but with the silver pieces out of a 09 impala ss we had, center Counsil is also impala, the front seats are out of a 07 gp gxp, and every single wire is 2012 impala except for the front doors, they are 2007 monte harnesses.

I did an engine replacement on a 2009 Saturn Aura 3.6.

The engine was extremely hard to find out of a junkyard, was expensive, and still had timing chain codes in it after I swapped it. Got totally screwed on that deal, but whatever.

It ran really hard though. I was impressed.

30 minutes ago, Raffaelli said:

I did an engine replacement on a 2009 Saturn Aura 3.6.

The engine was extremely hard to find out of a junkyard, was expensive, and still had timing chain codes in it after I swapped it. Got totally screwed on that deal, but whatever.

It ran really hard though. I was impressed.

Yeah, the llt and ly7 had timing chain issues, the lfx had an updated head and pcv system that solved 99% of the timing chain issues, haven’t seen one with issues yet (not saying it’s impossible) but if it did happen it’s pretty easy to replace them.