Horn Pad/airbag 94 CSC

94CSC

I think the horn pad in my 94 is bad and shorting out and blowing the fuse for the horn. Only solution I can think of is replacing the airbag center where the horn pad is-once I’m able to locate one. 
How difficult is this and does anyone have step by step instructions. Really want to get this horn working properly. 

Thank you!

Have you checked the rest of the circuit?  Have you put power to the horn(s) to see if they make appropriate noise?

Not impossible for the horns to be shorted and pop fuses.  Same with the wire harness connecting the battery to the switch to the horn(s).

Step-by-step instructions should be in the service manual.

When I put the fuse in the horn went off a couple times by itself-sounded perfectly normal. Then I pressed on horn pad, it went off then quit and that’s when I discovered the fuse I put in popped. 

I haven’t tested the wiring. I’ve also noticed that the lights on the steering h wheel controls are intermittently going in and out when I turn steering wheel. Wondering if both issues are related.