Sunroof leaking

Impalass04

Hey there guys I have a leak coming from my a pillar dripping onto my driver floor the passenger side is fine I had a air gun and blew the line out and it’s flowing fine but even with the sunroof closed I see the water still dripping on the the floor from the a piller is the drain line cracked possibly? The gasket around the sunroof seems fine and still on hood shape with no deforming or cracks in it or am I missing something else that can cause this leak? I pulled all the trim off to find the line but it runs through the middle of the headliner in the front almost if anyone has had this happen how did you fix it or if any has some input on what it might be that would be awesome thank you 

The sunroof drain tube could be clogged. I think these run under the headliner and then go down the a pillar, and discharge somewhere by the door/front fender. 

Check the tube for clogs, or it could be damaged. 

Edited by 94 olds vert

38 minutes ago, 94 olds vert said:

The sunroof drain tube could be clogged. I think these run under the headliner and then go down the a pillar, and discharge somewhere by the door/front fender. 

Check the tube for clogs, or it could be damaged. 

Hey there I blew the drain tube out and put water down it and I see the water flowing out by my door but if I pour a huge amount of water like a bucket on it it starts to leak into the a pillar so either maybe you think it’s still clogged a bit or is the hose compromised the weird thing is I’ve had the car for a couple months and it’s rained hard before and I haven’t seen the water some of the headliner is damp aswell where the Sun visors go 

4 minutes ago, Impalass04 said:

Hey there I blew the drain tube out and put water down it and I see the water flowing out by my door but if I pour a huge amount of water like a bucket on it it starts to leak into the a pillar so either maybe you think it’s still clogged a bit or is the hose compromised the weird thing is I’ve had the car for a couple months and it’s rained hard before and I haven’t seen the water some of the headliner is damp aswell where the Sun visors go 

You are going to want to check that hose for damage. The A pillar trim is pretty simple to remove. I believe it just held in with clips. 

22 minutes ago, 94 olds vert said:

You are going to want to check that hose for damage. The A pillar trim is pretty simple to remove. I believe it just held in with clips. 

I had the trim off already once but couldn’t see the hose it seems like it’s actually ran through the a pillar on the inside or something as I tried to located it but couldn’t find it unfortunately 

• Thanks 1