*ATTENTION W-BODY OWNERS* DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE WHEEL BEARING BOLTS LAYING AROUND THAT ARE NOT RUSTY?

89-W-Body-Regal

W-BODY MEMBERS I HAVE SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ASK YOU.

I am going to replace my original wheel bearing on the drivers side and I need new bolts with the spacers. GM PART NUMBER: 10104548 is discontinued and dorman or other aftermarket sources don't make these bolts with the unthreaded spacers. But GM somehow machine these spacers onto the bolt so I can not remove them to measure the spacers. At this point I just want used bolts but in really good condition. I came here because it fits the following cars and they are all from W-Body's

Year Make Model Engine Important vehicle option details
1988-1996 Buick Regal 6 Cyl 2.8L, 6 Cyl 3.1L, 6 Cyl 3.8L 2 DOOR, 4 DOOR, CUSTOM 2 DOOR, CUSTOM 4 DOOR, GRAN SPORT 2 DOOR, GRAN SPORT 4 DOOR, LIMITED, LIMITED 2 DOOR, LIMITED 4 DOOR, REGAL
2000-2001 Chevrolet Impala 6 Cyl 3.4L, 6 Cyl 3.8L LUMINA
1990-2001 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Cyl 2.2L, 4 Cyl 2.5L, 6 Cyl 3.1L, 6 Cyl 3.1L Flex, 6 Cyl 3.4L, 6 Cyl 3.8L 2 DOOR, 4 DOOR, LS, LS 4 DOOR, LTZ, LTZ 4 DOOR, LUMINA, MONTE CARLO, Z34
1995-2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 6 Cyl 3.1L, 6 Cyl 3.4L, 6 Cyl 3.8L LS, LS 4 DOOR, LTZ, LTZ 4 DOOR, LUMINA, MONTE CARLO, Z34
1988-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4 Cyl 2.3L, 4 Cyl 2.5L, 6 Cyl 2.8L, 6 Cyl 3.1L, 6 Cyl 3.3L, 6 Cyl 3.4L 2 DOOR, 4 DOOR, INTERNAL 2 DOOR, INTERNAL 4 DOOR
1988-1996 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Cyl 2.3L, 6 Cyl 2.8L, 6 Cyl 3.1L, 6 Cyl 3.4L 2 DOOR, 4 DOOR, GT 2 DOOR, LE 2

thumbnail_IMG_1857.jpg.cf30db5649d435f1411e699146db8476.jpg

If you have any of the following cars and they are super clean and you can lend me the bolts from both front wheel bearings I would appreciate it. There would be 8 bolts all together because each wheel bearing has 4 bolts. The rear bolts are a different part number so they would not fit the front wheel bearings. IT MUST BE THE FRONT ONLY.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal

• 89-W-Body-Regal changed the title to *ATTENTION W-BODY OWNERS* DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE WHEEL BEARING BOLTS LAYING AROUND THAT ARE NOT RUSTY?

Junk yard!  The spacer is just an oversized washer that helps get the bolt head away from the knuckle so you can get a socket on there better. And it helps with corrosion from eating the bolt head up.  The spot these are in very quickly cakes them in dirt, salt, and road grime.  The spacers are not entirely necessary if you just find some grade 8 stainless bolts, washers and of course reduce the thread length down to match the OEM length that pokes out of the knuckle.

I cleaned up an entire good set of these I found at the JY and had them sand blasted and powder coated. I suggest that route. I took a piece of 1” flat bar and  drilled 8 holes in it. Threaded a nut onto each bolt but left the spacer free to spin, put the threaded end into the flat bar and add another nut to hold it. I then drilled two 1/4” holes onto either end of the bar so the powder coated could hang it up. This prevents the threads from getting powder coated. They were very impressed with the prep I did otherwise they would have refused to do it if the bolts were handed to them loose.  Or do it on the cheap and wire wheel and paint em? 

image.jpg

3 hours ago, GTP091 said:

Junk yard!  The spacer is just an oversized washer that helps get the bolt head away from the knuckle so you can get a socket on there better. And it helps with corrosion from eating the bolt head up.  The spot these are in very quickly cakes them in dirt, salt, and road grime.  The spacers are not entirely necessary if you just find some grade 8 stainless bolts, washers and of course reduce the thread length down to match the OEM length that pokes out of the knuckle.

I cleaned up an entire good set of these I found at the JY and had them sand blasted and powder coated. I suggest that route. I took a piece of 1” flat bar and  drilled 8 holes in it. Threaded a nut onto each bolt but left the spacer free to spin, put the threaded end into the flat bar and add another nut to hold it. I then drilled two 1/4” holes onto either end of the bar so the powder coated could hang it up. This prevents the threads from getting powder coated. They were very impressed with the prep I did otherwise they would have refused to do it if the bolts were handed to them loose.  Or do it on the cheap and wire wheel and paint em? 

image.jpg

Yeah I am waiting on a guy to send me bolts. He lives out in Texas and they are only rusty on the heads and spacers. The threads aren’t that bad so hopefully if I get some rust dissolver and repaint everything will turn out good.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal