Curious on plugs

USonuMabeaCh

So with the mods I have, the SSEILMNOP intercooler, 1.9 rockers, 3.2 pulley, CAI (wizaird), speed daddy headers, I believe I ended up going with 104's at the advice from previous forums.

I live in NW Florida, so basically sea level and very humid, if that matters. I'm still looking at getting the car tuned, but it is running like crap, and it didn't for a month or so after having all the mods put on, and I'm looking at maybe the plugs having fouled, I'm stupidly going to have pep boys take a gander at the car first, see if maybe its running rough and transmission issues aren't from lack of power, maybe it's not firing all cylinders, maybe an injector or two is fouled up, but I *DO* know that the plug wires haven't been changed in the 8 years I've owned it.  I remember reading that some people genuinely believe plug wires are a big thing to have upgraded, and I also remember a lot of people saying the stock plug wires are more than enough.

So, again, I'd like to see if 104s seem like the plugs I should be using, and see what the opinions are on plug wires. Should they be fine at potentially being 20 years old and 100k miles? Should I go ahead and replace them? Should I use OEM replacements or buy some fancy stuff? Any thoughts shared are appreciated.

I changed out my plugs last year. I have been running 104s in my GTP for a decade now. I decided to change it out with the same. I just did new spark plug wires last year and went with AC delco wires. Mine were 22 years old with 100k miles. I still have original coils in my car. No need to replace them if they still work. 

I wasn't having any issues with 10 year old spark plugs and 22 year old wires. 

When it comes time to replace my coil packs I will just stick with OEM replacements. They are more than enough for what I am running. I know people have had issues with other coils when they upgrade. 

Edited by 94 olds vert
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dont be fooled by "Performance " wires with bigger insulation, its a scam,   stock wires work just as well as the higher priced snake oil ZZp type stuff.  and just get a cheaper plug also, No need for any "Fancy " plugs. the only job of a spark plug is to make a spark.  all these multiple electrode and fancy snake oil plugs are just a gimmick. 

• Like 1