How To: 1996 Cutlass Supreme LH power window switch

bluecalais79

Good morning, for a 1996 CS 2 door, does any one know if any techniques to use in pulling off the plastic armrest piece that holds the power window, power door lock and power mirror switches? I am looking to replace the switches and I'm hoping to pop off the piece without breaking the 2 tabs.

Thx, if anyone has done this one before, much appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking a crack at this task over the weekend. Using the plastic piece which contained the 3 switches I bought as a guide I pushed in and up on that plastic piece that holds the 3 switches and it popped right out without braking any of the tabs, fortunately. After pulling the 3 plug ends out I went about removing the switches from the piece and that also went well, I used a pry tool, not a screwdriver. For my replacement switches, the mirror switch I had was NOS, but the door lock and power window switches were nice used. In an effort to preserve the black paint and lettering on the door lock and window switches I clear-coated them which may in the long run be a mistake but we'll see. 

I primarily wanted to replace the power window switch as the Auto-down was no longer working, and I was right. I tested the new switch before putting everything all back and sure enough my Auto-down now works great. 

The only bummer is the illumination for the door lock switch is barely visible and the illumination for the window switch is not illuminated at all. Oh well, can't have everything. I can live with that. I just won't drive the car at night. :)