Knock Sensor Circuit

Blue02GPGT

Hello all. Hope I'm in the right place for this. 

I have a 2002 Grand Prix GT 3800. P0332 (rear knock sensor low output) set. No driveability issues expect occasional rough idle at start up. Previous owner said she replaced "the" knock sensor, don't know which one, or if she really did. Got a look at it today, someone has replaced the pigtail harness at some point. I have a new sensor and harness, but before I replace it (it looks like a bitch to do) I want to check continuity of the wire between pcm and sensor, possibly run a new wire if needed. does anyone have excess to a pin out diagram of the pcm? like which pin on which connector is knock sensor 2 at the pcm? Im not having luck finding it. Thanks for any help. 

Looks like on your car it would be the C1 - Blue Connector, Pin 34 for Knock Sensor #2 (For reference Pin 33 is Knock Sensor #1, but you'd have code P0327 if that was the case)

For the rear knock sensor look out it has a short Sub-harness that I've seen get smashed in engine swaps. so verify the integrity as well as connection to the main harness upstream

Paper? Books? What is this paper thing?

Thank you White93, it was in fact pin 34 and there is continuity. 

kind of a shame now I have to replace the sensor. Looks like removing a trans to block bracket and modifying a 22mm socket. Im curious as to what the GM procedure would be on this job. Probably the same but with a J-tool.

2 hours ago, Blue02GPGT said:

Paper? Books? What is this paper thing?

Thank you White93, it was in fact pin 34 and there is continuity. 

At one time in our world when one wanted to transfer information from one to another paper is the medium that was used. In schools, newspapers, society in general, a pencil or pen was made use of to print the information on the paper. In those days we had items known as *books*, one would open the book & read it.

I can certainly understand how millennials might not be able comprehend this outdated/antiquated? form of information transfer. :roll:

Edited by 55trucker
  • Confused 1