4T65E-HD's worth rebuilding around 100k miles?

USonuMabeaCh

Looking to get the trans rebuilt, just want to make sure it's not a waste of money.

PS also wouldn't mind hearing opinions on the upgraded input and output shafts, and the LSD, as I'm looking at doing those too. Anything I need to consider?

Does it NEED to be rebuilt?  100K isn't that much any more.

Is the vehicle worth investing in?  Barring collision damage or excessive rust, I'd think it's a good candidate.

Can't help you with the rest. I'm not sure why you'd need "upgraded" input and output shafts.  Front LSDs seem fairly rare, as if both wheels are spinning you've got no directional control.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a strong promoter of "If It ain't broke don't fix it" Does it work good? If so I wouldn't screw with it.

In my experience the 4T65 doesn't seem to fail nearly as often under high horsepower as it does minor defects that add up and ruin it over time so in the event you do get it rebuilt find someone who's familiar with all the quirks and issues they can have and to properly address them.