Rear sway bar mounts.

GTP091

I’d like to replace my rear sway bar mounts. Not the hangers but the mounts themselves that bolt to the chassis. Does anybody know a source for these. The obvious GM spots are all showing disco. I can only find the hangers at parts stores. 

Would be 44. Although the diagram doesnt quite match the look of the part. But that would be it. 

40 and 39 can still be found on rockauto. I can give the stealership a call but doubt they have it still

New old stock or a reboot would be fine.  Unfortunately for me my car is always in better shape than the JY cars I find so almost always a bust on parts especially anything on the outside. I’m going to call GM dealer on Monday and see if they can find anything. Doubtful but worth a shot.

11 hours ago, GTP091 said:

New old stock or a reboot would be fine.  Unfortunately for me my car is always in better shape than the JY cars I find so almost always a bust on parts especially anything on the outside. I’m going to call GM dealer on Monday and see if they can find anything. Doubtful but worth a shot.

Ok.  If I see ones that are good, I'll grab them.  I'm assuming ones that aren't cracked or rotted are considered to be good ones.

Edited by jiggity76

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 AM, jiggity76 said:

Ok.  If I see ones that are good, I'll grab them.  I'm assuming ones that aren't cracked or rotted are considered to be good ones.

I can get the hangers no problem.  It’s the mounts I want to replace.  I may just refurbish what I have as they’re really in good shape. Just nice to start with new and I’m fussy

39 minutes ago, GTP091 said:

I can get the hangers no problem.  It’s the mounts I want to replace.  I may just refurbish what I have as they’re really in good shape. Just nice to start with new and I’m fussy

That might be your only option and they will probably be better than factory when you get done.  But I'll still look for any solid ones in my yard travels.

Edited by jiggity76

No dice from the dealership. Also came up empty on old new stock on the interwebs.  Looks like a refurbish is in order now.  Not a big deal as they’re not too bad really.  Will be nice to restore this area of the car as it’s the only place I haven’t been in to all the way.  

Some 180 grit on an orbital and a coating of bedliner will spiff those brackets up nice if yours are not rusted too bad. If I could I`d grab some from the local JY but I just dont have time to get to them like I used to, and havent seen a 1st gen W there when I did still go in a long time.

All is well nothing a wire wheel in a bench grinder can’t fix.  I took them down to bare metal a few days ago and have been in a rust eating acid bath for a few days now.coming out tonight! 

4C5DD9DF-D47E-4977-B1C4-338556BEDA25.jpeg

Edited by GTP091

• 1 month later...

Figured I should update this  with a picture.

2 dips in high test vinegar to get the rust, a coat of rust converter, and 2 coats of black semi gloss.  Can’t say they’re good as new because of the rust pitting but look damn good now.

the actual hangers are new parts and need a coat of paint themselves before install. New parts never seem to be up to my standard. Still need correct sized bolts as well.

77C6C2F9-AAE8-4DAD-9499-AEF38A14CE2F.jpeg

Edited by GTP091

16 hours ago, GTP091 said:

Figured I should update this  with a picture.

2 dips in high test vinegar to get the rust, a coat of rust converter, and 2 coats of black semi gloss.  Can’t say they’re good as new because of the rust pitting but look damn good now.

the actual hangers are new parts and need a coat of paint themselves before install. New parts never seem to be up to my standard. Still need correct sized bolts as well.

77C6C2F9-AAE8-4DAD-9499-AEF38A14CE2F.jpeg

I wouldn't be quite so critical on yourself, you've done essentially the same thing I did when I refinished the rear undercarriage as well, all of the small to medium pieces went into the blaster and what I painted them with was Dulux Metalclad urethane black gloss paint.