Crashed my Hunnie this morning :'(

MaD

:oops: :cry: MaD wackness. Here I am, driving to work on I-294 and I'm cruisin' in the fast lane with the flow of traffic...then all of a sudden traffic goes from 70 to 17 in a split-fucking second for no apparent reason. All I saw was a wall of slow-moving tail-lights. Reacting quickly, I glanced over my right shoulder, but much to my chagrin there were panicky drivers in that lane already blocking me from a quick escape. I thought to myself "shit", and I cut the wheel to the left while smothering the brake pedal with my boot. Unfortunately some other dude had the same bright idea as me and now he's in front of me braking as well...Oh, and those little "noise" grooves on the shoulder designed to "wake you up" if you ever drive into them were NOT my friend this time around. All they did was provide a traction-less surface for my tires to glide over. Needless to say, my brakes locked up and I was unable to get them to release in time, and before I knew it, I was scraping my poor driver's side mirror and tires on the middle barrier. (I thought I scraped the WHOLE side of my car on it!, Lucky me, I guess... :? )

Oh, and if that's not bad enough, here's the kicker, remember the guy in front of me....well, his brakes were better than mine...so yea...he stopped quicker than I did and I smacked the christ out of his back bumper...

He got out of his car and looked around, he didn't seem too bothered...

I reversed a bit so I could get my door open (I was on the barrier) so I could go out and inspect my damage. He made it to my door before I could and we exchanged our "you ok?"-s, and then I got out. First I glanced at my car and saw many a sad vision. But I was more concerned with his damage since this was "my fault". Thankfully, all that was wrong with his car was a cracked and out of place bumper. We then went back to my car and inspected the damage...Broken plastic grill (damn! I just painted that!), bent hood in the front (not too bad), the lower plastic part by the sidemarkers came out (wack), my tire got scraped to shit, my driver's mirror is scraped to the metal, and some random parts of the front end are bent! Metal parts too! :cry: :cry: :cry:

On a positive note, the guy was cool about the situation (probably because his repair will be easy...) and we didn't swap insurance or involve the police, he just told me to "not even worry about it". I agreed and thanked him.

The scariest part was when I drove (or should I say "Wobbled") away (I need an alignment bad now!) and I noticed the car was in "Drive", I put it into Overdrive and it the car would not budge, it would just rev. I was like "shit! I managed to break my Overdrive?"

....but then I noticed that since my shifter console wasn't bolted in, it just slid forward...so neutral looked like OD, and OD looked like D...PHew! that was a relief...

Well anyways...sucks eh?

-MaD-

Yea.. I feel your pain.. I had a similar experience in the lumina, but minus the whole scraping on the wall thing..

I rearended someone, (at about 10-15 mph).. the whole fiberglass backpanel (holds the lights, and grille in place) was shattered.. hood was bend.. bumper was fuct. There's pics of it on the website if you haven't seen them.. but it wasn't fun. The hood itself was $700 :shock:

Good luck.. get her fixed up

Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain, my 2002 Alero was hit twice in 1 week. That 294 is some crazy shit though. I am in NW Indiana and travel it often. Best of luck with the car and everything

Jason

sorry to hear that dude... I have been there.....

Sorry to hear.

just pray to god he doesn't come back in a month and file a hit and run report.

some one "tried to do that to me about a year ago..... he took me to court, saying that I gave him whiplash (I bumped him @ about 10 mph in my ol' daytona)......

funny thing is... he ended up paying me because the judge didnt believe his BS.... I made 500.00 off that for lost waiges and personal time.