2006 Impala blend door actuator?

ron350

Anyone here familiar with these small HVAC blend door actuator.used in 2006 Impalas and Monte Carlo.  

I see that these were also used in 2004- 2008 Grand Prix's.

Delco 1574122 or GM 22754988 or 52409972 etc.

I see that there is now a replacement plastic gear sold on ebay for these little actuators and was wondering.

Impala Actuator. 023A.JPG

Impala Actuator. 019A.JPG

Edited by ron350

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been researching the same except on my ‘90 Olds. Luckily mine works, but I gotta know what it is and how to replace it  when it quits. I hate that they switched from a mechanically operated blend via a cable. That’s what my other vehicles have, but fingers crossed this one stays working. 

Those are often used in the temperature controlled units.  Yea, after ~~10 years, they have a tendency to fail.
Imho, get a whole new unit.  Getting replacement gears is a joke.  They'll work "for a while".  Then, if you still have the car, it's another few hours, and many scrapes, to replace the whole unit - like you should've done the first time.

They vary a lot on how hard they are to replace.
It depends which one, and in which model/year.

The center dash vent blend actuator in my Olds has been bad for a few years.
Even with a 100% stock car, that actuator is a major PITA to replace.

I installed a remote starter, and soldered heavy wires under the steering column.  So, I'd have to remove those wires  and other things (not happening) to replace mine.
For me, I close off the center dash vent during the winter. :)

In general, the ones for the passenger side aren't "too bad to replace".
The center one is always a PITA, because it's located upwards in the dash.

Fwiw, about 100lbs of C4 explosive solves any blend door actuator problem.  But, that may not be legal where some people live.  Check your local laws first.  🙂

Good Luck!

Edited by Cutlass350

Turns out the reviews on the small gear replacement are all bad. Research says to replace the actuator with a new ACDelco and leave the aftermarket alone. Only time will tell.