Rear spring help 94 cutlass convertible

94 cloisonne convertible

Hello,  I have a 94 cutlass convertible with the 3.1,  when i bought the car it had one side of the rear spring broken. I assume from letting the friction pads wear out.   I replaced the spring and bought the new plastic isolator pads ( autozone brand) for the ends.   It went together well. But now the spring broke in the center. It came from a 1993 grand prix coupe.

Anyone ever have this problem?  I didnt have a spring compressor so i installed the new spring by disassembling the suspension until the new spring fit back in. Did the convertibles have a heavier spring?  Thanks..

The convertibles are nearly 350lbs heavier than the the coupes. The load rate of the CSC leaf will be heavier than the coupe or sedan leaf.

what trimline of GP did you pull that spring from? SE GT GTP

FE1 suspension or FE3

It was a low grade coupe i dont know what suspension it had but it was a cheaper se trim.

After it broke i found out that there was different load ratings for springs.  

I just got another from the yard from a 96 grand prix the code on this one is RFK.   According to the chart ive seen this is second from the top of the load rating.