95 Vert - sold for peanuts

brianstarr58

Hey guys, I finally had to get rid of my 95 Vert. I sold it for peanuts..a running, top goes up and down, smooth shifting, lots of new parts but still needed a little work classic. I hated to do it, but my hand was forced. I damn near gave it away. I don’t understand why no takers. I did take the taillights off (very good condition) and I will be selling them later. Also took the engine cover off..3.4 DOHC. I will be selling that later as well. It’s been nice getting info, advice and help from this forum over the years. Still don’t understand why barely any interest in this classic. Oh well, thanks guys.

876A2F41-7117-4B01-8B84-88AAB42111E1.jpeg

That's sad. The 95 is my favorite since it has the newest style dash, and full rear seat. I have no idea why they bring no money. What engine cover are you talking about as being valuable?

Sad to hear, but I understand.   They are unique cars and require a special set of circumstances in a person's life to make sense to own one.   I have three kids and little extra money so I wanted a cheap 5-passenger convertible with dual front air bags and reliable decent mpg and the newer interior, so I selected my '95 3100.   It's required a huge amount of work to keep on the road, but not much money because parts are so cheap and I do the work myself.  But I've got a garage, tools, time, desire to fix it, physical ability to fix it, not enough money to buy a desirable convertible, and the patience to deal with water leaks from the top.   If that combination of parameters ever changes then it wouldn't make sense to keep mine.    Now my kids are growing older and driving their own cars so I haven't had 5 people in mine for a couple years.   It's frustrating to me to know that despite the hundreds of hours I've put into it, it's still only worth $1000  because the miles are so high and it's got so many little issues.   I'm not surprised you didn't get much for yours.    I shop online for nicer convertibles sometimes, and it's fun to dream about them but when I start really thinking about it I realize I can't afford it.   Part of the joy of owning a Cutlass vert in 2020 is knowing the cost of ownership is so low that it's a guilt-free pleasure.     

It is all about finding the right motivated buyer, can take forever if it even happens. If I sold one of my Caddys I bet I would hold onto them forever trying to find the right buyer for what I feel they are worth. Like these they just did not hold their value.

That was a nice vert.