UA-65274002-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Presumably. It's coming from the front of the car, below to rear of abs. Can't see it yet.

Anyway assuming it is a brake line rotted (very likely) and wanted to replace everything in that area anyway, I couldn't just buy a coil and flaring tool, right? Something like this would be necessary, given some of those lines have flexible sections it seems: Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjoH0BRD6ARIsAEWO9DsHc7duluuHE8mwFCDOqqyI8qsA2MIHUEQUajPc29MgInkCQv75Dt4aAiwaEALw_wcB




Edited by Chris2020
needed to
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it's only $110 for the set, and you're asking that question?
Dude, yea the world sucks right now, but I honestly hope that you feel that your life, and the lives of innocent people on the road, is worth more than saving a few dollars. :)

Fwiw, there's a good chance that the brake line is leaking near the exhaust pipe that goes under the car.
If by some chance, you think that the car will last more than ~5-8 years, then it's a good idea to put some additional heat shielding around that brake line section.  

Something like the following:
Design Engineering 010418 Heat Sheath 1/2" I.D. x 3ft Aluminized Sleeving for Ultimate Hi-Temp Protection


Good Luck!




Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to verify the reputation of the company bending the tubes.  AT LEAST one major tube-bending company has a horse-shit reputation for getting the bends correct.  I don't pay attention to which company; 'cause I bend 'n' flare my own.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...