“New” 2008 GP

57lxi

Scored a clean, 120k base GP with NA3800. Straight body with very good red paint/black interior. Runs really strong. Replacing ‘95 vert that’s going up for sale. I really like the vert but it’s not practical for my needs. I don’t have the luxury of owning a fair weather car😖. GP seems to handle pretty well. $80 Walmart stereo gets replaced this weekend along with install of vent shades. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have had the GP for a few weeks now. Couple 300 mile road trips in it. I wasn’t really looking for a GP when I went car shopping but this red base model caught my eye and the price was fair. I’m really liking the car. Comfortable, rides good. 3.8 series 3 moves it really well. Getting it hook up under “aggressive “acceleration  is a problem but I’m hoping new tires will help with that. Replaced crappy stereo with nice Kenwood. Pan drop reveled clean fluid and no crud in pan. Trans cooler definitely in my future. Jumping from GP to 95 vert is night and day. Vert is more like a slot car in handling. Firmer ride than GP but that’s to be expected. Next on list is brakes, front rotors warped, plugs wires, belts and hoses. Swap in fog light setup and wire up.Engine compartment needs good detail, that’s a labor of love😀. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough to get that done. Need to throw quick detail on vert and get it sold and throw that money at the GP.