Door panel removal.

jiggity76

If the GP is anything like my '95 Cutlass Supreme, it's pretty easy to take off. No special tools needed, just screwdrivers. You'll need a flat blade screwdriver to pry off the little cups behind the door handles and Phillips screwdrivers for several more screws at various other spots. The screw that's often overlooked on the Cutlass Supreme is in the bottom of the door pocket. Someone overlooked it on mine and tore it up on the driver's side. I need to find a new one but the only one I've ever seen at a boneyard was similarly damaged. Also, be prepared and have a supply of the nylon fasteners that hold the panel in place because you'll definitely need to replace at least a few of them. Fortunately, they're pretty cheap. 

Edited by Human
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Human said:

If the GP is anything like my '95 Cutlass Supreme, it's pretty easy to take off. No special tools needed, just screwdrivers. You'll need a flat blade screwdriver to pry off the little cups behind the door handles and Phillips screwdrivers for several more screws at various other spots. The screw that's often overlooked on the Cutlass Supreme is in the bottom of the door pocket. Someone overlooked it on mine and tore it up on the driver's side. I need to find a new one but the only one I've ever seen at a boneyard was similarly damaged. Also, be prepared and have a supply of the nylon fasteners that hold the panel in place because you'll definitely need to replace at least a few of them. Fortunately, they're pretty cheap. 

Thanks so much!  This will help out a lot.  I have an idea of where some of the screws are.  Do you happen to know what nylon fasteners I need.  I would like to order them and have them on hand before I start the process.

All of the door clips look like these......

http://dck.img.gaatu.com/134962-10.jpg

There is a large philips headed screw under the pull handle that takes most of the load when one pulls on the door, the bottom seatbelt retractor cover has a pair of screws that are under the very bottom of the trim cover. There is also another retaining screw in behind the door panel lamp at the rear of the trim panel. One has to carefully pry out the lamp housing to get at the retaining screw.  

2 hours ago, 55trucker said:

All of the door clips look like these......

http://dck.img.gaatu.com/134962-10.jpg

There is a large philips headed screw under the pull handle that takes most of the load when one pulls on the door, the bottom seatbelt retractor cover has a pair of screws that are under the very bottom of the trim cover. There is also another retaining screw in behind the door panel lamp at the rear of the trim panel. One has to carefully pry out the lamp housing to get at the retaining screw.  

Awesome!  Thank you.  I'm going to order the clips today.  Also, I might be going to the yard tomorrow, I'll grab an exhaust shield from this car or maybe this coupe.  Would this work for ya?

20191025_102350.jpg

20191025_104337.jpg

To be lucky enough to even be able to come across these *old* cars in a salvage yard.....

yeah Greg, if you find one unmolested please do pull it for me.......just hang onto it........

thx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 55trucker said:

To be lucky enough to even be able to come across these *old* cars in a salvage yard.....

yeah Greg, if you find one unmolested please do pull it for me.......just hang onto it........

thx

Will do my friend.  Pulling the STE door panel as we speak!

And this red coupe...yeah, only 72,000 miles on it