UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Mstg007

1994 - 3.4L - Air Conditoning AC (not working)

I think I might of had this topic somewhere else. I'm sorry if I did.

The AC in the car is just blowing very cool warmish air. I have read other places that if its hot, refrigerant would need to be filled.

I went ahead and bought ACPRO with the Meter on it. Seems like the system is green and has plenty of juice.

It looks like the compressor is working. Both Fans in front of the radiator are working normally.

The only thing I can not seem to find is the evaporator. I would think if that is not the problem, I would have a leak of some sorts somewhere.

I saw another product by ACPRO called Super Seal. I was wondering would it hurt trying to use this to help or would it ruin the system?

And I am guessing if I have to take it to a shop its going to cost a lot of $$$.

Thanks for any help and advice. (PS the car is not a daily driver)

untitled.png

IMG_1169.jpg

I have another question if you guys don't mind. Is it normal for the fluid to go from around 40 to 30 psi when revving up the engine from the throttle? Do I need to place more refrigerant in the system?

IMG_1398.PNG

I load up as much refrigerant as I can at the beginning of summer to hit the high 40psi.  I haven't revved the engine while measuring the psi in the system.

Funny you should mention this. I went to get more refrigerant and I did put it up to around 40 PSI. Problem now, is its still blowing warmish air.

From putting all that in, I let it run for awhile and did not notice any leaks. So its still in the system, but don't quite know whats causing it not to blow. I think I have to check my radiator next, maybe wash it off with a house. The Fans both work in front of the radiator. When the I turn on and off the AC, it definitely working because you can hear the engine rev change alittle. I have no idea what else to look for lol.