Rear caliper bracket dimensions

55trucker

Everyone,

for all of you who own a 1st gen that is a 94-96 model I require some assistance.

Do any of you have the rear brakes apart?

I need to know what is the bolt centre to centre dimension of the caliper bracket mounting flange that bolts to the knuckle.........

I'm doing a rear brake upgrade to my 91 and part of that upgrade is going to the 2nd design knuckle for the upgraded rear calipers. The newer design uses a more conventional fully floating caliper that is fitted to a bracket that wraps around the rotor,

As of yet I don't have a set of knuckles & I do not know what this dimension is, if anyone could help out it would be appreciated.

I'm Not using the GM rear calipers that were supplied on the cars, I'm doing a custom upgrade that will see 12" rear rotors and another set of calipers & brackets custom fitted to the knuckle.

I am on the hunt for a set of these knuckles but up here they are made of *unobtanium*, the cars just are not to be found in a salvage yard.

Any help with this would also be appreciated.

*the pic below is the bracket I will be making use of*

Caliper bracket 1a.JPG

Caliper bracket 3.JPG

Edited by 55trucker

I don't have one off-car, but measured real quick on-car and bolt head center to bolt head center was 4''.  Hopefully someone with one off car can confirm that measurement for you.

Thx for that,

judging by the few photos I've come across of those car's knuckle...... the original caliper bracket mounts to the inboard side of the support cast into the knuckle & the support is threaded?  ..correct?

I'll have this info by end of October as I have a 96 parts car to take apart specifically for the rear brakes. I presume you'll want this info sooner but it's the earliest I can do it.

Kyle:

If a simple pic of the backside of the wheel/hub assembly could be clicked off that shows where & how the bracket is fastened to the knuckle that would be good for now, I take it that the caliper is mounted to the rear side of the hub, 3 o'clock on the left side & 9 o'clock on the right side.

I don't imagine that I'll get this done in the near future, come the end of October the car will be back into the storage unit for the winter. I'll look after whatever I can *on the bench*  & do the actual install next spring.

Edited by 55trucker

12 hours ago, 55trucker said:

Kyle:

If a simple pic of the backside of the wheel/hub assembly could be clicked off that shows where & how the bracket is fastened to the knuckle that would be good for now, I take it that the caliper is mounted to the rear side of the hub, 3 o'clock on the left side & 9 o'clock on the right side.

I don't imagine that I'll get this done in the near future, come the end of October the car will be back into the storage unit for the winter. I'll look after whatever I can *on the bench*  & do the actual install next spring.

I don't expect I'll have any time to get to the car before then.  I'm working some crazy hours right now until end of October.