What Type of Magazines Did The First Generation W-Body Did Road Tests On?

89-W-Body-Regal

I am starting a post to discuss what type of magazines out there the W-Body appeared in from 1987-1991. I know a couple magazines. But if anyone knows anymore rare ones out there let the community know. I will post my list and keep in touch of the ones I find.

Edited by 89-W-Body-Regal

I'm pretty sure that the type of magazine to do articles on the W-body would mostly be car-enthusiast magazines.  There might be some local magazines from the cities or counties that had a GM assembly plant.  Maybe business magazines discussing GMs investment and expected rate-of-return, or amortizing the tooling or somesuch.

But the main type of magazine will be the ones focusing on selling copies to gearheads.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 2:23 PM, Schurkey said:

I'm pretty sure that the type of magazine to do articles on the W-body would mostly be car-enthusiast magazines.  There might be some local magazines from the cities or counties that had a GM assembly plant.  Maybe business magazines discussing GMs investment and expected rate-of-return, or amortizing the tooling or somesuch.

But the main type of magazine will be the ones focusing on selling copies to gearheads.

There’s a lot of Buick News Magazines that are rare I bought off eBay, they have rare photos of dealership showroom and Assembly lines. Photos that you normally wouldn’t see in regular gearhead magazines. But the top gearhead magazine that did a road test on the regal and cutlass was in aug 1988 of car craft magazine.