!!UPDATE!! What to use to clean off old

Big Blue

So does anybody have PICS off what a plastic griding wheel looks like if they realy do extsist. :roll:

Im to the point where i just want to burn the mother fucking Engine.I hate this pieac off shit everytime i go to kick it the fucking panel pops back out.That's why i hate cars with dent prof doors.When will everything just go the way it's supposed to,im real tired off beging pulled around by my caller.I just what to know what the right stuff to use.I've got a cuple good answers like that 3m stuff and emril paper.

so please will you make a list and post PICS off it,im real tired off getting embarest.when i go to stores. :verymad:

Look, I just installed heads on my 3.1 and all I did to remove the old gaskets on the block was use a metal razor blade (NEW), then sprayed the mating surfaces with carb cleaner, making any remaining gasket residue was easily seen, then I went over those spots with a easy duty scouring pad (green 3M) remember this is IRON we're talkiing about, don't let the dolts scare you about scratching an iron mating surface. The only way you'll make a worthy scratch that would cause problems is if you intentionally want to, and even that isn't easy.

this is IRON we're talkiing about, don't let the dolts scare you about scratching an iron mating surface. The only way you'll make a worthy scratch that would cause problems is if you intentionally want to, and even that isn't easy.

Well said, iron is very fucking tough. Using a thin paint scraper (a fairly new one thats sharp) wont harm it at all, unless you really suck.

Thankyou im getting some real answers now,it suppost to be +6 tomorow so i'll take the day off of school and do it then :wink: .

can i use engine cleaner instead off carb cleaner i don't have 5+ dollars to waste on carb cleaner since all are cars are fuel injected and the shop teacher is real dick,he won't lead anything away

now to this razor blade thing you said,so i just scrap it all off really easy are what. And about that paint scaper,well it cause any type off damage to the block,and do i just hold it on an angle are should it be as flat as possible.

would you have a pic off this 3m pad that you were talking about so when i go into walmart,canadian tire i know what im looking for

Thanks for all that maybe i can get it running before x-mass,fingers crossed.

yeah use engine cleaner, or any degreaser. I just liked carb cleaner aka intake cleaner since it's clear and has no foam.

The razor blade or paint scraper has to be on an angle, the paint scraper will get the thick gasket pieces off while the razor will get the little thin pieces, so it's best to have both on hand.

As for the pad, just get any type that's "light duty" these are almost always green. Think of the type that you see on the backside of dish sponges.