2006 Grand Prix GXP wheel offsets?

mechanic58

What brought on the question though?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Im looking to put different wheels on my gxp and I wanted to make sure I got the correct offset. I wanna put +40’s all the way around it.

I’d really just like to have two more oem 8†wheels, but I cant find any that are cheaper than a whole set of new wheels.

I’d really just like to have two more oem 8†wheels, but I cant find any that are cheaper than a whole set of new wheels.

If you look at aftermarkets that are listed as fitting they are usually 35mm which would look fine. I just got around to putting 2 more fronts on mine and i can honestly say it looks good but the bottom edge of the rear wheels stick out quite a bit. Will for sure spray rocks onto the back bumper3e18ab546ccd6d6fdc1c94e254e605f6.jpge850044adeb97421a6a5cae6f4f631b8.jpg95a81c1bfbc4f21fff8cae92f327ce92.jpg

Or do an 8.5in wide wheel with 35mm offset would probably be similar to 40mm. I was trying to get a set of avid1 av 34 in gold or bronze but everybody was out of stock

It depends on the back spacing, keep in mind the factory wheel theres no lip so theres quite a bit of of backspacing. The wheels i was looking at had a lip which i want but came across stocks so had to jump on them

I might be thinking wrong but either way 5mm is a small number, just about all aftermarkets run 35mm offset and the look good

An 8†wheel with a +40mm offset has a deeper backspace than the same wheel with +35mm offset. The stock 8†wheels have a +40mm offset and stick out borderline too far when mounted on the rear of the car. +35mm wheels would stick out too far for my liking.

The 7†stock rear wheels have a +55mm offset but have almost exactly the same backspace as the 8†front wheel with the +40mm offset. Its a little confusing, but its a fact. This is why they can be rotated without any inside interference. The back fit is the same.