UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brodizzle83

DIC used in a 3100-powered SE?

I've found some in 1996 cars but they are complete cars, not junkyard ones so might be hard to find more of them.  There was that one car down at the Des Moines Wrench N Go that I might have been a 96 GTP, black car that looked like it hit a telephone pole going sideways, could have been a 95 car.  It had DIC and now I wished I would have pulled the DIC if it was a 96 car.  Can't find the pic, I'll have to look later tonite.

Yes, you can swap them. I did this on my brother's 96 GP SE. The engine does not matter. The DIC is the same. As mentioned, the year is what you need to look out for. 94-95 needs a DIC from a 94-95 car. 96 needs a DIC from a 96 car. The connectors are most likely already present behind the cluster bezel. It's simple plug and play, except for the outside air temp. To make that work, you would need to take the temp sensor off the front of the car and wire it into the DIC.

I ran an OBD1 DIC to my first meet. The 96-97 PCMs have both class II and uart serial data. Naturally it wasn't plugged into the factory harness and it sat atop the dash, but I knew what my fuel economy was the whole way.