Homemade floor jack attachments?

Brodizzle83

I'm looking to build a homemade floor jack attachment to jack my car up on the middle square piece in the middle of the rear suspension. Right now my floor jack wants to slide off as I jack up the car and it's an amazing spot to jack it up on. Has anyone made something similar?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's the rear jacking point.

Only when it's not a cancer victim!!! On my 99 Lumina that was one point the BIG C struck... The jack went up but, the car didn't... On inspection it was all bent and crushed... OOOPS!!

That was the last straw,,,, Time for a new ride... Ended up with a 97 4Runner,,, my first and only Jap car... It's been great... Had it 5 years now... Bought it with a little over 200k, now has well over 300... A month ago I broke the frame (Some cancer)... I'm waiting for a ride as I speak,,, gotta clear a space in my buddies driveway,,, He's a hoarder... What a MESS!! Spent 4-5 hours a week ago digging out the welder... The plan is to drive my car over there tomorrow and see what can be done... Of course the gas tank is directly in the way,,, that's gotta go... I'm praying all goes well and I have a car again by next weekend... SICK of not having transportation...

Sorry to hi-jack,,, got carried away!!!

Tom B...

That's the rear jacking point.

Hahaha well ya learn something new every day! Still, I gotta make an attachment of some sort so it doesn't wanna slide off the jack. Granted I'm sure a rubber pad would work...I lost mine a long time ago.

Hahaha well ya learn something new every day! Still, I gotta make an attachment of some sort so it doesn't wanna slide off the jack. Granted I'm sure a rubber pad would work...I lost mine a long time ago.

Hockey Puck

That must have been bad, the rear subframe area was rotten?

Yeah, it was pretty bad.... Everything was rusted.... The worst of it was where the rear lateral (front to rear) links attach to the rear sub-frame,, The pivot points/mounts were pretty much gone... As said that "jacking point" was pretty weak...

Well, basically we made enough room to get my car in the driveway.... Tomorrow is the day of truth!! Hopefully something can be done to fix the frame...

I'm BEAT!!!

Tom B....

I could grab a few 1st gen rear jack plates down here if there's a need for them. 

What sort of floor jack are you using? Anything above the 39.99 AZ POS should have a big enough lift point to raise the ass end by the center line plate.

I could grab a few 1st gen rear jack plates down here if there's a need for them.

What sort of floor jack are you using? Anything above the 39.99 AZ POS should have a big enough lift point to raise the ass end by the center line plate.

This is the jack I have. I just lost the rubber pad so it scoots when it's metal-to-metal. 9f7a5044634a0f45de48c2ace931fdc1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...