Eaton M90 and Lim swap questions

Marshal

my car dont over heat either, under hood temps are a whole different story. 

i run a 195 t stat and run the fans on at 185. if it real hot ill hit coolant temps of  210, but that what its supposed to be at. on avg tho im at or under 185.

I was running both fan relays at once, they went through a switch under the hood to select the control from the PCM. In the summer they were on at 190, off at 183ish. And I ran a 180 stat In winter I installed a 195 stat and flicked the switch so the relays worked with the secondary cooling fan control. "Winter mode" was on at 205 off 198ish.

my car dont over heat either, under hood temps are a whole different story.

i run a 195 t stat and run the fans on at 185. if it real hot ill hit coolant temps of 210, but that what its supposed to be at. on avg tho im at or under 185.

That's about where I'm at too. I was just concerned how hot to the touch everything got since the headers. Probably just paranoid though! Thanks for the advice guys!

OK, I have another question:

going from a L67 maf to a N* maf, will the tune be close enough to crank the car over and drive around long enough to get a scan so the initial adjustment can be made?

I found a file. I guess I should just do it the right way and not try to half ass it.

now that I'm putting it back together, I got the north star throttle body on, went to install the air filter, and.... it's too long. need a shorter air filter. the end of the air filter hit's on the radiator or headlight or something, and if I try to angle it different it hit's on the radiator hose.

Speaking of which, what success has anyone had with keeping engine bay temps down? I've been thinking about powder coating the headers inside and out and adding reflective shielding, and maybe a few hood vents. Any pros or cons?

Speaking of which, what success has anyone had with keeping engine bay temps down? I've been thinking about powder coating the headers inside and out and adding reflective shielding, and maybe a few hood vents. Any pros or cons?

Z34 hood vents? To my eye, I’ve never seen a W that looks bad with a properly installed set.

Routing the exhaust under the bell housing would do it.

But good luck with that.

Ron Vogel did that YEARS ago along with running a true dual setup with an FBody muffler and cutting the spare tire section out and putting in a piece of flat sheet metal. 

Run a 160*.  Crank the fan turn on points lower.  Otherwise there isn't too much.  GTP radiator would help a little along with running a stand alone cooler for the transmission so that's not getting hotter by cooling two huge heat pumps.

Regardless, it's a FWD massproduced econosedan that just has a bunch of flaws that you're doing to have to deal with.