Strange Vibration Maybe Brake Related

Pursell1911

Hey_everyone

Please_don't_mind_the_underscores_I_can't_use_the_space_bar_when_i'm_using_Microsoft_Edge_browser.

I_have_an_06_Grand_Prix_GT.__Sometimes,_when_I_am_at_a_red_light_with_my_foot_on_the_brake_I_feel_a_vibration_in_the_steering_wheel.__When_I_let_off_the_brake_and

reapply_pressure_it_will_go_away.__It_looks_like_my_brake_fluid_is_at_an_acceptable_level,_just_not_sure_what_to_check_next.

Strange, now my space bar works.

Thanks!

poly mounts vibrate pretty good. im with the rest, mounts are bad and or needs a tune up. 

pop the hood, then shift the car running from P to R to D back to R watching how much the engine moves, if its bouncing more then a inch or two mounts are bad for sure. 

Thank you all for the suggestions.  Its' a pretty faint vibration, and from what I've heard regarding failed mounts, the vibration is pretty bad.  I will most definitely check what you've described, Scotty.  I will report back with what I find.

Wstefan20 - No, this is the only time I notice the vibration in the steering wheel.  When I'm at a red light.  I failed to mention that I also hear a noise.  It's a pretty fast (300 beats per minute roughly) almost clunk noise, but it's not very loud.  I'm assuming it's something to do with the brakes as it only occurs when my foot is on the brake pedal.  I haven't really noticed a degradation in braking performance though, yet at least.

But again, thank you all for the suggestions and input, I will check when I have some time and will post back what I find.

Matt P.

Well unless I'm misunderstanding, there's nothing moving in the bake system at a complete stop unless your abs is firing, which would be very strange and highly unlikely. More likely is that the vibrations don't transfer until the car is "firmed up" by the brake being applied. My money is on engine or transmission mount