UA-65274002-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Ride

2nd Gen master cylinder on a 1st Gen

Can it be done? My current master cylinder is hitting my downpipe on the bottom lines. Obviously the 2nd gens only have a front and a rear port that feeds into the abs module, which splits them into four there. Since this is a non abs car, is there any reason I couldn't just split the 2 lines coming out?

I used a F body master cylinder on my TGP. its angled nice and kinda kicks it up some.

I always wanted to try a J/L/N body one as it would in theory work just the same with factory lines, but just be kicked up a little bit.

pictures of your setup? 

Interesting. I didn't read the whole thread but it didn't look like he used the prop valves on his. Just used the gen 2/3 master cylinder. According to his research, the gen 2 master cylinder bore is also 1mm larger. I'm a little confused on the angled master cylinder Chris mentioned. I pulled up a couple of camaro master cylinders, but those appeared to get their angle from the booster/firewall. Mounting one to our horizontal setup wouldn't provide any more clearance unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible, I don't know much about them.