Wiring Up Fog Lights to Work With High Beams

Mitchellman

According to Imp's schematic for the '92 the fog relay is in the left side electrical center.

and we have to remember it's always from the Cars point of view so that's the driver side

To the op... Just a heads up, you really should rethink having your fogs on all the time, especially when you're using highs.

I am assuming you want it for "better" lighting. The truth is, fogs, when aimed correctly, light up very close to the car so when you're cautiously driving in fog or heavy rain or snow, you can still see the white and yellow lines on the ground. As cool as they may look, they actually impede your ability to see further down the road. So, when conditions are clear and you're using high beams, you're likely looking much further down than your immediate two lanes. Your eyes, having adjusted to the abundance of closer light from the fogs, will have a harder time seeing what your high beams are lighting up.

There is a science to why they don't come like that stock. GM isn't just trying to piss you off.

To the op... Just a heads up, you really should rethink having your fogs on all the time, especially when you're using highs.

I am assuming you want it for "better" lighting. The truth is, fogs, when aimed correctly, light up very close to the car so when you're cautiously driving in fog or heavy rain or snow, you can still see the white and yellow lines on the ground. As cool as they may look, they actually impede your ability to see further down the road. So, when conditions are clear and you're using high beams, you're likely looking much further down than your immediate two lanes. Your eyes, having adjusted to the abundance of closer light from the fogs, will have a harder time seeing what your high beams are lighting up.

There is a science to why they don't come like that stock. GM isn't just trying to piss you off.

Completely understandable. My 94 GS has 5% tint all around, so I just want to be able to light up as much to the sides of the car as I can.