Removing the front header panel Olds Emblem

bluecalais79

Would anyone know if there is a special tool that can be used to pry out the grey/red center header panel Oldsmobile emblem, 1996 Cutlass Supreme. Mine is played out and I've secured a decent replacement. I was hoping there was a tool I could use to wedge in there & pop out the old one and avoid any gouging the front Header Panel/Bumper Cover. Thanks.

Would anyone know if there is a special tool that can be used to pry out the grey/red center header panel Oldsmobile emblem, 1996 Cutlass Supreme. Mine is played out and I've secured a decent replacement. I was hoping there was a tool I could use to wedge in there & pop out the old one and avoid any gouging the front Header Panel/Bumper Cover. Thanks.

I don't know of a special tool, but you can use Goo Gone to dissolve the glue that holds it in place. Put it in a syringe and work it around the edges and behind the emblem. I used it to remove the DOHC emblems from my front fenders. Worked great.

If you drill it just get an idea how thick it is by looking at the new emblem and then Mark the drill bit with tape so you don't drill into the header panel. if the header panel get scratched behind the emblem it's not like anybody would see it

I cut a plastic coke bottle into the shape of the emblem, and worked it behind the emblem to get the adhesive to separate. Also painters tape around the outside of the emblem to reduce the risk of scratching the paint.

Edited by 94 olds vert

You're talking about the emblem on the nose between the grills?  I thought that was held on by a nut behind it.  So I took a look at my '96, there is a stud behind it but no nut.  So, I'd try getting behind it and pushing on the stud. 

• Like 2