convertible carpeting

cutty collector

46 minutes ago, cjc said:

Just found this site while looking for carpet to fit my 93 vert,  has anybody determined of a coupe will work and with how trouble. 

Coupe will work fine. These cars were coupes converted in to convertibles.

• 1 month later...

Tis the weekend project, I`m removing the Vert carpet first right now.

I`ll have them out tomorrow and will get some measurements and pics. So far the difference I see is where the carpet ends at. On the coupe the carpet goes all the way beneath the rear seat and into the trunk, on the convertible the carpet is trimmed to end under the rear seat and a black insulation pad carries on up the welded bracing for the convertible top.

Edited by rich_e777

Ok lets start with the backseat area, thats as far as I am with yard work pressing. More to come tomorrow and will get into the `94 coupe for comparison.

20240316-193749.jpg

Here is what it looks like underneath. This is a `95 and other than a cosmetic difference in the trim, it should be about the same for all convertible Cutlass Supremes. I have not cleaned it up yet nor looked closer at the rust spots but nothing jumped out as alarming just yet. You can see where the carpet is just trimmed to fit around the rear seat belt bolts. Use the bolts to make a line as to where to end the carpet at, the rear insulation pad overlaps the carpet by a few inches.

20240316-190421.jpg

20240316-170915.jpg

• Like 1

There seems to be a brace added that might affect the way the coupe carpet lays across the rear seat hump. The bolt provision for the rear seat is just above my hand for reference. There may be some other additions like this in the front. Will update again tomorrow.

20240316-193930.jpg

I dont think the coupes have this reinforcement piece here.

Very Curious as to how this turns out, If the only difference is in fact the rear floor reinforcement at the rear seat then that should be a win! Curious as to what else you find in the front.

I`ll get back to it in the next few days with some more pics for the front. Ive read where there could be some reinforcement on the inside rocker panel area. If its a similar bulge then that might make the coupe carpet not wide enough to fit over it. I`m also going to try and swap carpets between the two models once there both out.