CUTLASS SUPREME SL emblems

bluecalais79

For my white 1996 Cutlass Supreme SL I just bought recently, I violated my own rules of keeping it looking bone stock. I couldn't help it, in my opinion the sides of the car look just too plain without those CUTLASS SUPREME SL emblems on the doors, especially for a white car. So I reached into my stash of NOS emblems and apparently I've accumulated 5 full sets of these. I placed a set of them on each of my doors where they would go if the car was a 1992-93-94. Really breaks up the monotony of 3 plain panels. Additionally I think where these were placed on the left side of the trunk lid doesn't look good either. I'm going to remove the emblems there and if there's no paint shadow I won't be replacing them. However after 21 years I would imagine there will be though.

I honestly think GM cheaped out and just stuck the emblems on the trunk so they only had to use 1 set instead of 2.

I don't really regard that as a violation...the emblems were on earlier cars, and there's a very small group of people that would realize yours didn't originally come with them.

I have a similar issue with my '88 IROC...the previous owner repainted the car, and some of the emblems are not correct on '88 and up..but were correct for '87 and older.  With the exception of the IROC-Z graphic that is on the rear bumper, I actually preferred the earlier scheme, and only changed the bumper graphic from the Z/28 emblem, to the IROC-Z emblem.  In two years, I've never encountered anyone who even noticed.

IROC Emblem

New Decals

This emblem should say IROC-Z...I even have the proper emblem...but to me, it makes little sense, since there's a massive IROC-Z decal on the door.
Edited by Galaxie500XL

Agreed 100%. With my new ride I thought jazzing the sides of it up with the right emblems (albeit in the wrong spot) would do the trick. I've been to enough Oldsmobile Nationals wherein this would be picked up and I'd loose a few points but then that's only one day a year. For the other 364, no one would give it a thought. And I've got so much of this stuff laying around not being used, what the heck.

I prefer the door emblems too...

I also violated my rule of keeping it bone stock, I added a few emblems to my convertible... they aren't really correct since there was never such a thing as an International Series convertible.. but I really like the emblems and thought it would add a nice touch to my car...

I figure some may not like them and I'm generally not one to add badges, but I feel they fit the car nicely...

ttCvDqF.jpg

D8s93GE.jpg

pqfXDY0.jpg

yqJ3ItC.jpg

I took the "supercharged" emblems from Riviera's and put them in place of the "custom" emblems on my Regal.post-3252-0-57949500-1504282903_thumb.jpg

did anybody else think about using Factory emblems or decals to dress up a factory oil cap?

post-3252-0-71649500-1504282917_thumb.jpg

post-3252-0-70992300-1504282974_thumb.jpg