caster/camber struggles be gone

98OldsIntrigue

After talking with NUMEROUS (some more reputable) alignment techs, pretty much confirms what I'd long suspected; when comes to SCA front end (mostly) 2nd gen, and if no worn suspension parts, then toe in/out in this situation (with no history of wrecks) is REALISTICALLY the ONLY going concern.

I re-did the all the worn Intrigue front end components, and I installed the strut bracket the only way possible (tight as a nun) without modifying (elongating) any openings for thru-bolts. There's ZERO "wiggle/wobble" of the new bolts against the knuckle. IOW, with new struts there never was (or is) any play whatsoever to make any camber adj, and afterwards, a couple different alignment shops (and Dealer) confirmed "there should BE NO adjustment there" and that (shy of aftermarket camber bolts) "We rarely (if ever) adjust the front camber on those," and another place e.g. just today (called again since it was bugging me) said, "Front toe is about all I ever remember doing."

It confirms what I'd "presumed," and had been wondering about why (or why not) a "toe-and-go" alignment was/not a problem. In this case and many 1000's like it (apparently) it's not.

Front toe STILL is probably off spec a tiny bit --- but question is, DIY alignment or not, which isn't so easy to find a lucid, well-thought-out answer to. Some questions ARE "not easy" for anybody (even alignment techs) to answer with much precision.