Differences - Seafoam to Slick50

Mstg007

Just curious what is the differences between Seafoam and Slick50? I just did that tune up, The original owner came by to check it out and asked if I put a can of Slick50 inside. 

Thanks!

Slick 50 is an additive that penetrates the porosity of the metal, Seafoam is more or less a cleaner with multiple claimed uses. Both are something of the snake oil variety but if used properly can do something or another worthwhile. There are numerous videos showing what they do. The most notable use for Seafoam is allowing an engine to burn it thus burning off deposits of carbon in the chamber and it most certainly does work . Old school mechanics have used water to do the same thing for decades. Slick 50 and a multitude of other products like it do what is called Nano lubrication and it most certainly works but there is some question as to how long it stays embedded and protecting the metal. The bottom line is choose a good brand of oil as your first line of defense and consider everything else a fun little experiment.

Not sure about slick50 but Seafoam has a decent percentage of PEA in it vs other fuel system treatments and can be used about 100mi as a oil flush before changing the filter. Also it can be used through the vacuum lines to burn through deposits as mentioned. I put half in the crankcase and the other half in the fuel tank a week before I change the oil.