Muffler Bearings (Possible Piston Ring Failure)

Grandprix1

Today after i went WOT with my car i was told by my friend behind me that blue smoke came out of the exhaust pipes which means somewhere im burning oil. Im thinking two causes here 1 i blew the piston rings but that doesnt support the fact that on the drive home there was no evidence of blue smoke continuing to come out. The 2nd cause could be just normal smoke from the load on the engine. Im told one of the places to check to see if the rings have failed is the Muffler bears which im guessing would be in the manifolds. Can anyone verifiy that for me? Also any other ideas would be great! Car is a 2002 Grand Prix GT L36

Thanks

Grandprix1

This is a late April Fools joke, right?

You can delete this thread. Ive just been updated on the purpose of a "muffler bearing" Sorry for being late to the party

Either way, you worry too much.  Seeing a puff of something after blowing out the carbon is normal. You're not losing rings on a 40k mile L36.

I'll lock it.  :rock:

Also in the olden days of this forum, your new custom title absolutely be something like "Ask me about muffler bearings." We were all there at some point.

• Like 3